ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Uploan photos/table

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/28/10 04:11 PM Views: 1305 Replies: 3
Thursday, January 28, 2010 at 4:11 PM

I am trying to upload a large number of photos and I saw something about creating a table and uploading to it but am unclear as to how large to make the table, how the photos will be distributed within the table, etc. Also, should I resize all photos first on my hard drive and if so to what size should they be made? Finally, can I put single larger photos into my Photo Gallery page along with a table or tables on that page? Thanks.
Bob

Thursday, January 28, 2010 at 4:28 PM - Response #1

I have a feeling you're reading threads about creating photo galleries prior to the time that the official "Photo Gallery Maker" feature was launched. What you're using is brand new and in fact at the moment not even announced yet. I'll probably do that tomorrow as we teak just a thing or two more in there.

In any case, with the new Photo Gallery Maker you don't need to make any tables, you don't need to resize any photos, etc. The system will handle everything for you that's needed. Just upload your photos into the galleries you want them in. Ad your captions. That's it, there's really not much more to it. You can create unlimited Photo Gallery Navigational Links, and under each link you can also create unlimited photo galleries themselves, so it may seem just a bit daunting the first time you're working with these features. You'll get the hang of it very quickly though, it's pretty simple once you've done a gallery or two.

Thursday, January 28, 2010 at 5:03 PM - Response #2

Thanks for the help. It seems to work ok but of course that leads to more questions. I thought that the pictures would upload to Photo Gallery on the nav bar but I see it is under Member Functions. I assume that other classmates can edit the pictures and add comments, etc? Is there a way that I as Admin can put pictures on the nav bar Photo Gallery? Also, I don't understand what you mean when you say I can create unlimited Photo Gallery Navigational Links. I do appreciate your help. The Class Creator is really great and I have had loads of great comments from my classmates.
Bob

Thursday, January 28, 2010 at 5:24 PM - Response #3

The PHOTO GALLERY MAKER is only available to admins.

1. The Admin can use the Photo Gallery Maker to create a left-side link/menu item that classmates can click on to view the photo galleries.

2. The Admin can create photo galleries (Photo Gallery Maker) and place them under a specific Gallery menu item (step 1). Multiple photo galleries can be tied to the menu item. For example, the menu item can be "Reunion Photos", the galleries can be "5 year photos", "10 year photos", etc.

3. The Admin can choose the type of gallery - admin only can upload photos, classmates can upload photos, classmates can upload photos but with "photo approval" before they are visible to everyone.

4. If allowed, classmates can click on the Menu item, then click on the Gallery and then upload the photos.

Go ahead and try it. You probably can't break it.

Edited 01/28/10 5:25 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.