ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Deleting a Photo Gallery

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/17/11 12:56 PM Views: 1176 Replies: 3
Wednesday, August 17, 2011 at 12:56 PM

I can't seem to find the answer to this by query. I set up photo galleries of the class reunion last year of the class before us. Fundamentally it was to create interest. I never intended to keep it forever!

If I delete the galleries I want to from the gallery creator, does that take them out of the vault capacity or must I go into the vault and take them all out individually?

Thanks,
Denise

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 at 2:04 PM - Response #1

Hi Denise,

Removing a link does not affect your file vault. You could have links on several pages to the same file, and you wouldn't want that file to go away because you removed the link from one page.

To remove a file from your vault, edit the content of any page, and in the editor, click on the link button (with the chain icon in it). This brings up a link editor with a button to go to your file vault, where you can upload and delete files as you choose.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 at 2:57 PM - Response #2

As I recall, gallery photos do not directly show up in the file vault. They do count towards total space used. Deleting the gallery deletes the photos in the galleries.

Probably done that way to avoid accidentally messing up galleries, but it is a bit confusing.Cool

(We no longer have galleries, so I'm "remembering" how it worked.)

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 at 5:10 PM - Response #3

Jack, I did what you said, which is much easier, and I could see immediately that I had eliminated about 9% of my vault capacity. That is what I wanted to achieve. If I need to know anything else, let me know. I do intend to get into the vault too and clean out some other things.

Thanks,
D.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.