ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Statistics - Last Logins on Phone?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/28/24 07:30 PM Views: 128 Replies: 6
Wednesday, February 28, 2024 at 7:30 PM

I like to go to the Statistics page to see the names of classmates who have acessed the site in the last 30 days. When I click on "List users and last login dates", I don't see the names of classmates who have accessed the site on their phones. Is there any way to see the names of ALL classmates who have accessed the site? Thank you!

Wednesday, February 28, 2024 at 10:48 PM - Response #1

Shouldn't matter how they accessed if they logged in.

I login once in a while on my phone. So need to not login on my PC for at least a day, then my phone and then not again for a day on PC. Pretty sure the phone will show me logging in.

Thursday, February 29, 2024 at 1:01 AM - Response #2

Jack is right. I just logged in on my phone, then went to the Statistics page, clicked on "List users and last login date," and it showed my phone login time. It does not matter what device you use to log in.

Thursday, February 29, 2024 at 2:14 PM - Response #3

Thank you, Jack and Scott, for your very helpful replies. Based on what you tell me, I suspect that the reason that I am not seeing the names of many users on the statistics page is because they are able to read the all the class news and see new photos on the home page without logging in.

I do receive notes on my private email account from classmates who tell me they have been enjoying the website. Most of the time, however, their names do not appear on the statistics list. I guess I will have to encourage classmates to log in if I want to know who is using the site.

Thank you so much for your help.

Thursday, February 29, 2024 at 3:34 PM - Response #4

Linda, you have pinpointed the reason you are not seeing the names on the statistics page, as classmates do not have to be logged in to see your news pages.

Our site is managed the same way --- all our pages are unlocked, so I have no idea of the total of who has viewed them.

We like having our pages unlocked, as we have a wide audience which views our site, many of whom are not members. This is due to our site having Life Tribute pages for our upper and lower classmen, parents, and for our teachers and staff going back to kindergarten.

Since your pages are unlocked, you are most likely seeing the classmates on your statistics page who have checked the box "Keep Me Logged In" when they sign in. Those names will always appear on your statistics page.

In the end, knowing how many have viewed your site pages is nice, but not essential.

Thursday, February 29, 2024 at 6:42 PM - Response #5

I agree 100% with Scott Moore. The more a site can be "Open" the greater the opportunity for classmates and other interested parties to view. The only pages that really need to be locked down are those that may contain personal information.

Thursday, February 29, 2024 at 8:08 PM - Response #6

There's actually another reason to lock down site pages. I store 5 gigabytes of data on AWS and get charged by bandwidth. So I keep many pages locked down that reference that streaming source. Plus I don't want anyone linking to that source for the same reason.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.