ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Moving Post Within a Forum

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/13/09 08:34 PM Views: 1172 Replies: 1
Monday, July 13, 2009 at 8:34 PM

Brad,
Under Classmate Forums, I have 4 forums; General Discussion, Tattoo, Secret Crush and You've Been Tagged. Within General Discussion, I have 5 topics; Field Trip with Mr. Eberius, Miss Shopper and other teachers, Joan's tag, Learning to drive and The Tigers Den. I need to move Field Trip with Mr. Eberius into the "Miss Shopper and other teachers" title. How do I move that post and make it appear as the last entry within that title?

Monday, July 13, 2009 at 9:19 PM - Response #1

You can't. You can't move a response within a thread to a different thread within the same forum. That thread is where the response was placed, and responses are saved consecutively as part of the thread.

What you can do is move an entire Topic. For instance if somebody posted something in your Secret Crush forum and you really wanted that topic to be moved to the General forum, at the bottom of the thread itself you can move the entire thread. When you do this it will move all responses within that thread to the new forum. But once you're at the thread level there is no way to move individual responses around to different threads -- it would just get too confusing. In fact even if we created such an option, the dropdown list for an indivdiual post move feature could be many hundreds of lines long for many schools.

Your best option is just copying the post, deleting it, and pasting it into the forum you want it in. Although if you want it to come from the Classmate, the Classmate would have to do it, or you'd need to log in as the Classmate and do it yourself.

Edited 07/13/09 9:23 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.