ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Open in a new Window

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/18/08 01:47 PM Views: 1228 Replies: 2
Thursday, September 18, 2008 at 1:47 PM

I am setting up one of the customizable pages for links to external pages that may be of interest to our classmates. There is no audio on these pages. What I was wondering, is there someway to get it to open in a separate window so that the homepage player will continue playing.
Thanks for your help Brad.
Preston

Thursday, September 18, 2008 at 4:09 PM - Response #1

No. All of the built in site links stay within your own site. But let me give you a couple options:

1) You could replace the palyer you're usign with a Playlist.com player instead, and use the "pop up player" feature. This allows users to pop out the player and hear music the entire time while browsing your web site. This is how most people accomplish what you're asking to do.

2) You could move your music (or put a different instance of it) on one of your customizable pages. And then put your external links on those pages. An external link can be easily set up to launch a new window. I can give you more details if you want to do it this way, or simple Google "html tutorial", where you'll find plenty of free tutorials that will teach you how to open a link in a new window. You can learn how to do that in just a couple of minutes.

Thursday, September 18, 2008 at 4:41 PM - Response #2

Thanks for the advice.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.