ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

How can I load a CD with scans of 19 pages of previous reunion pictures?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/11/15 10:28 PM Views: 1212 Replies: 7
Wednesday, March 11, 2015 at 10:28 PM

I have a CD with scans of 19 pages of pictures from a previous reunion. How should/can I load that on our site? I tried the Gallery but the scans won't load. I tried creating a new page and loading them there, but that doesn't work. Ideas? Thanks. Barbara

Thursday, March 12, 2015 at 11:15 AM - Response #1

Have you moved the images from the CD to your hard drive? Then upload from the hard drive.

Thursday, March 12, 2015 at 12:22 PM - Response #2

Yes, I have them on my computer and I browse and select them, but they won't upload. I just get a message that it's waiting for www.glenbrookwouth65.com. Are they too big? How long do I wait? I would love to put them in a Gallery.

Thursday, March 12, 2015 at 1:44 PM - Response #3

Hi Barbara,

They may be timing out if they are too large. Microsoft has some built in resize tools you can use to resize a group of images http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windo...ize-digital-pictures

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thursday, March 12, 2015 at 4:05 PM - Response #4

Nope, doesn't work. When I go into the folder, first of all it doesn't give me the option of thumbnails. Is that the same as medium icons, which I see as an option at the top (they look like thumbnails)? Second, there is no resize function that I can see, not by right clicking or along the tool bar at the top. I am using Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium. This is true whether I open it in Photo gallery or just from my Picture files. Help!

Thursday, March 12, 2015 at 4:33 PM - Response #5

I don't see the "resize" option here either. When you right clcik on one of the photos and click on Properties, how big is it?

Thursday, March 12, 2015 at 5:17 PM - Response #6

Note that Jessica's link says "Applies to Windows XP" Shocked

I just used my "test" gallery and it uploaded 3072 x 2304 (5MB) images just fine. So that image size is not an issue - but I don't know the size of Barbara's "scans".

If you tell us the dimensions and file size Barbara we can test to see what happens to isolate the issue better.

(As a footnote: There's no requirement to move images from a CD to HD to do an upload - assuming that it meets the criteria.)

Thursday, March 12, 2015 at 7:37 PM - Response #7

Got it! Found the resize button on Photo Gallery and have reduced each file from 21 MB to 990 KB and it uploads fine now. Thanks for your help.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.