ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Playlist

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/01/09 10:27 AM Views: 1679 Replies: 8
Tuesday, September 1, 2009 at 10:27 AM

Hello,

I just added my playlist to my home page. It looks like it is on the far right side. I changed it to 350 pixels wide. Can someone check it for me.
Thank you

Tuesday, September 1, 2009 at 11:03 AM - Response #1

It looks great... right where it should be.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009 at 11:05 AM - Response #2

Welcome Tina,

I fixed it for you. Sometimes embedded objects have several "Width" statements. Each one needs to be modified. I modified all the widths to 399.

Edited 09/01/09 11:26 AM
Thursday, September 3, 2009 at 10:43 AM - Response #3

ok...I cannot figure out how to add the playlist. Not even sure where to start. Anyone have suggestions?

Thursday, September 3, 2009 at 10:59 AM - Response #4

Christina Hoye wrote:

ok...I cannot figure out how to add the playlist. Not even sure where to start. Anyone have suggestions?

Welcome Christina,

The FAQs has a section called "Can I embed third party objects on my site, such as music or videos?" (question #19). It has a list of different third party objects that can be embedded.

The steps to embed the playlist is to choose the playlist you want, then copy the EMBED HTML text from the website and paste it into the page you want, using the SOURCE button to paste the HTML CODES (so that the player will display and not the codes).

Then before you save the page, make sure you search the HTML CODES you just pasted and search for the word "WIDTH" and if you find any widths > 400 you would want to change to a smaller number so that the page doesn't look too large in the browser.

Edited 09/03/09 11:00 AM
Thursday, September 3, 2009 at 4:29 PM - Response #5

THANKS. I JUST NEEDED A LITTLE MORE DETAIL THAN WHAT THE FAQ HAD. THE PLAYLIST IS UP AND RUNNING!!!
CHRIS

Saturday, September 26, 2009 at 9:25 PM - Response #6

Hey Kyle . . .

I have my playlist located in my .... '69 Cavalcade section, so classmates can read the old School Newspapers and listen to the "69 Music.

My question, How do I delete the "Add" & "URL" buttons, top right on the Player? I do not want classmates to be adding songs to the playlist.

I would appreciate your help.

Kudos,

CAV

Saturday, September 26, 2009 at 10:31 PM - Response #7

. . . CAV . . . wrote:

Hey Kyle . . .

I have my playlist located in my .... '69 Cavalcade section, so classmates can read the old School Newspapers and listen to the "69 Music.

My question, How do I delete the "Add" & "URL" buttons, top right on the Player? I do not want classmates to be adding songs to the playlist.

I would appreciate your help.

Kudos,

CAV

The only way I can think of is to make the player invisible (0 width & 0 height), but then they couldn't stop the music.

I clicked on ADD and it wanted me to enter your username/password, so I couldn't add anything to your playlist. So I doubt your classmates could either.

Saturday, September 26, 2009 at 11:31 PM - Response #8

DUH !!! Thanks Kyle . . .

I logged in under another name beside as the Administrator and yes, I could not add or delete a song from the playlist.

Kudos,

CAV

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.