ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Zoom Pictures

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/09/13 05:24 PM Views: 992 Replies: 6
Saturday, November 9, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Woodland Class 2.jpeg

I've loaded pictures to my Gallery of School Pictures (Woodland) that are real small. How can I get them to zoom to a larger size to see the faces. I have some more I want to download of a group the reunion group.
I tried to resizing the picture but it's still small.
Any solutions out their.

Saturday, November 9, 2013 at 7:45 PM - Response #1
testImage1.jpg

If the original picture is that small it's possible to enlarge them and then do some tinkering but it won't be the same as if the image was larger to start with. Here's a modification of your image that might work with slight mods. Edit: Upload this instead of the small one. It's set to the max size of gallery (width=1000) with a slight filter for jpg artifacts and white balance correction.)

Edited 11/09/13 7:48 PM
Saturday, November 9, 2013 at 10:43 PM - Response #2

Your original image was scanned at a resolution of 320px × 234px.

If You could re scan the original paper photo image to a much higher resolution say 3200 x 2340 then You could zoom it up to the faces as You want. This is assuming You have the original Paper photograph.

Saturday, November 9, 2013 at 11:27 PM - Response #3
testImage1AA.jpg

The original image black and white needs to be scanned at no less than 600dpi magazine quality. Size will be 5200 x 4300 and very sharp. Bringing up this image from 320 x 234 to anything higher than 640 x 480 will show very grainy breaking down the pixels even further as you size up this original image. I tried playing around with it in Photoshop and this is the best I can do from Jacks test image.Sharpened 9% anything higher it breaks down.

Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 12:01 AM - Response #4

300dpi is usually adequate for hires web use (normally 100 is used). That produces a pretty large image (printing is very different). I'm guessing that print is a 5 x 8 or so.

Here are some comparisons:

A 3" x 3" print at 300dpi is actually 900 x 900.
A 3" x 3" print at 600dpi is actually 1800 x 1800

and so on.

However CC gallery is maxed out at 1000 wide, so 300 realistically is all that's needed. Unless one splits it up in parts? Images on pages are even narrowerWink

Scanning all depends on how good the original print is. Higher can work for a high quality photo AND breaking out parts of the photo (or use zoom code like I have). This is something that one has to experiment with because of all the variables here.

I was just trying to give an idea of what can be done with the original image if that's all that was available.

Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 6:09 PM - Response #5

Thanks guys. I think I know who has the orginal pictures. I think I'll rescan and save it as you suggested. Old pictures are not white any llonger, and my eyes are blurred by what I see. lol
Some day maybe I can learn more about Photoshop. Only if I had time.
kk

Sunday, December 1, 2013 at 5:43 PM - Response #6

So, what is possible if you only have the tiny digital image, and do not have the original photo to be rescanned? We are new to ClassCreator, but had an old website with a different provider. I was able to copy the old pictures from the old website, but now they are in very tiny format. They were taken over the past 15 years or so, at breakfasts and other group events, and we don't know who took them or who might have the originals. Is there any help?

I don't have access to Photoshop or any sophisticated program like that, but generally use Picasa for photo editing, with good results. Thank you!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.