ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Announcements pushed to bottom of page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/18/08 09:22 AM Views: 1934 Replies: 4
Thursday, September 18, 2008 at 9:22 AM

Hi Brad,

Long time no speak Wink I was trying to add a new announcement to my home page, managed to do it just fine, then decided to get creative and try adding some lines, but they weren't going exactly where I wanted so decided to delete the lines.
When I took a look at my home page, my announcements had been pushed way to the bottom of the page to fit under the links on the right hand side. So I removed the announcement completely, but the announcements are still at the bottom. I don't understand this as I didn't change anything on the other announcements.

Please Help,.....again

Johanne
massey-vanier84

Thursday, September 18, 2008 at 9:47 AM - Response #1

It looks to me like you've already found and fixed whatever the problem was. My guess is you had some object too wide to fit in your Announcements box, such as a lot of hard spaces. And I'm also guessing you're using either Firefox or Safari -- both of which refuse to overlap elements and will move them down on the page until they actually fit somewhere.

Thursday, September 18, 2008 at 9:59 AM - Response #2

actually I didn't do anything, was going to write you a note saying thanks. I exited the site completely and was just going in to do something else when I noticed it was fixed and assumed you did it. I use Firefox at home and at work, (where I do most of my site building), I have the choice at work to use Explorer, should I be using that instead when working on the site?

Johanne

Thursday, September 18, 2008 at 10:08 AM - Response #3

I had the same problem last night, changed some text in home page and the pic and text was pushed way down. I fiddled with it for awhile .. then just changed the choice of page design and it worked just fine. Maybe the previous page design is goofed up.

Thursday, September 18, 2008 at 10:59 AM - Response #4

Ok...between the two of you I think there are two separate issues here. One is a caching issue, where you're simply not seeing the new page you modified -- that's how come you thought we fixed it, when we didn't... And the other issue is an issue of objects wider than the space they have available to fit into, which is "goofing up" your page as you put it.

For the space issue, see this thread to learn how browsers behave differently when they are presented with too many objects to fit into the space available.

For the content not refreshing issue, which is why you're not seeing the changes you made instantly, all browsers are a little different, but here's how you can fix this in Internet Explorer. Look for similar options/settings if you are using any other web browser, like Firefox, Safari, or Google Chrome.

1) Click Tools
2) Click Internet Options
3) Click the "Settings" button under the Browser History area.
4) From the 4 options select "Automatially." If for some reason that still doesn't clear it, then select "Every time I visit the web page" instead.

In the unlikely event that doesn't solve the issue either, please clear your cache (i.e. delete your temporary Internet files) -- something may be "stuck" in there for lack of a better explanation.

Edited 09/18/08 11:01 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.