ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

In Memory Link from Individual back to In Memory Page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/17/12 02:18 AM Views: 1254 Replies: 9
Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Once you click on an individual in the memory page, there isn't any Return to Memory Page link. You either have to hit the Back button or Click again on the Memory link on left side menu. Is there any way I can add a link so that people know how to get back? I guess I would have to do this on every individual?

Thanks,

Sarah

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at 2:27 AM - Response #1

Hi Sarah,

You could add a note under the candle:
"When viewing the page of a classmate listed below, please use the browser's back button to return to the list of classmates we've lost."

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at 1:14 PM - Response #2

The problem with adding a link is that the classmate's IN MEMORY page can be navigated to by two different places.
1. Classmate Profiles, click on any In Memory classmate will take you to their IN MEMORY contents page
2. In Memory, list of classmates, click on the classmate's name, view their IN MEMORY contents page

If you add any links, you would also need to know where they came from.

Class Creator has veto-ed this suggestion because of the dual-navigation concept of viewing the In Memory Contents page.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at 4:27 PM - Response #3

Thanks Kyle,
I guess people can figure it out. Thanks for your help.

I have now messed up my In Memory page. The candle animation is flashing all wierd. Any way to get that back to the way it was? And even though I have changed the source code for everything to be 1, when the page is saved and someone enters the page the playlist pops up. I can not get it to not do that. The pop out player part works fine, but how on earth do I get rid of that pesky box???????? This is making me crazy. I talked to Gwen this morning and she tried to help me. What a great place this is!

Thanks,

Sarah

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at 4:30 PM - Response #4

Kyle,

OK, don't hate me. The playlist thing seems to be fixed. I was saving as a draft instead of going live. As soon as I did that, ta da!

The candle thing is still screwed up though. Can you help with that?

Thanks!!!!!

Sarah

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at 4:32 PM - Response #5

Sarah,

The image is just flashing weird because you have enlarged it. The version I have on my page is also flashing, but isn't as noticeable because I have the image smaller.

If you are sure it wasn't flashing, you could just click on the RESTORE BACKUP feature:
Edit Site Pages
Edit IN MEMORY
click VIEW BACKUPS link
Choose an earlier version (you will probably notice that the image is still flashing)
Restore the backup of the image if you want.
Save the changes to your In Memory if that is what you want to do.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at 4:47 PM - Response #6

Hi! Sick of me yet? You are so patient. I appreciate it.

Unfortunately, I have been messing around with this so many times this afternoon, that the available backups are all the same image. (It always flashed a little but not in the way it is doing now.) To get around it, I just made it a lot smaller. Is this the same way that yours looks?

Where do these images come from? Can we load animations (clip art???) just like any other image and have it work?

Thanks again!

Sarah

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at 5:00 PM - Response #7

It looks better when it is smaller. You can use Google to search for and upload any image you want (including .gif files which are animated).

This animated graphic was once uploaded to the Help Forums and everyone liked it so much it was decided to put it standard on the IN MEMORY page. I am not sure where it came from originally.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at 5:27 PM - Response #8

Thanks for your quick reply!!!

Even though you wouldn't think so, I really am getting the hang of this. It is so thoughtfully designed. The biggest hurdle I see next is not to over do it. It is hard to just step back and say done! It is just so fun to keep doing stuff to it. Laughing

Sarah

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 at 1:50 AM - Response #9

Hi Sarah,

Your candle looks good now. Seems you are moving right along. Smile

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.