ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Email not sending

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/12/14 09:41 AM Views: 826 Replies: 4
Friday, December 12, 2014 at 9:41 AM

I sent an email last night that seems to not have been delivered. I still have not received it so I am sure no one else has either. I really need for it to be delivered this morning.

Thanks for your help,
Debbie Dacus Stewart

Friday, December 12, 2014 at 12:35 PM - Response #1

I just viewed the source of the email that you are speaking of, and I can tell that the content was copied and pasted from a third party website. In doing so, you have a ton of excess code that was added to your email. I am quite certain that it is this code that is stopping the message from being delivered to your member's email boxes.

When you need to use content from another website, you need to do the following. 1) Save any images to your computer by right clicking and choosing a location on your hard drive to save the image. 2) Copy and paste any necessary text content into a NotePad document, and then copy it again from the Notepad document to the Editor Window. Doing that process will remove any additional code and formatting that was in the original copy. 3) Use the Editor Window to format your message as well as the Image Button to select and add the images that you previously saved.

Rebuilding the content in this way will keep the additional code out of the email, and give you a much better chance of having the email make it to your member's inbox.

Friday, December 12, 2014 at 1:25 PM - Response #2

I sent an announcement email out yesterday evening and got it late this morning..

Friday, December 12, 2014 at 1:34 PM - Response #3

Scott,
Will using Microsoft Word as you say for Notepad do the same thing, removing the code?

Friday, December 12, 2014 at 2:01 PM - Response #4

No. MS Word will preserve the code and actually add it's own. Notepad is a simple text document that does not contain the code formatting in the background. I believe the Mac equivalent is called Simple Text.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.