ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

After the reunion is over

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 11/07/08 12:10 AM Views: 1253 Replies: 4
Friday, November 7, 2008 at 12:10 AM

Now that our reunion is over, we'd like to archive all of the financial and planning details in our 30 year reunion planner to help out future reunion committees. But we can't do that because it won't allow you to open up a reunion & add new information in the visual editor section.

It would really be nice if you could do that, because right now I am using up a valuable link keeping this information in that link but inactive on my site.

I think a lot of people would like to archive all the details of how much things cost, who they hired as caterers, DJs, etc. I think this would be a well used enhancement.

I know your list of things to do is long, but think about adding this one to it. THANKS!

Friday, November 7, 2008 at 12:17 AM - Response #1

Hi! I saw your post and viewed your site - how did you lock your site? I love that feature!!! Thank you advance!

Friday, November 7, 2008 at 12:19 AM - Response #2

Hmmmmmmmm. Well isn't that interesting...

Well, as you've noticed, you can't change reunion information that has been archived. Because archived is exactly that -- archived. We could potentially open up archived reunions to editing again, although somehow I have a feeling that will cause other problems when people accidentally edit or delete data they thought was saved permanently.

What I'd say to you for now is down the road we'll have unlimited links thus using a link won't be an issue for you anymore. For now why not save that information on your local computer, and when unlimited links come out, then plug that info back into your site?

Edited 11/07/08 5:46 PM
Friday, November 7, 2008 at 9:45 AM - Response #3

To lock your site, go to Edit Site Pages.

You'll see 3 columns. Edit, Active, Password.

If you don't want everyone being able to see sections of your site that your classmates might like to keep private, click the password box next to that page.

It's a wonderful feature. Especially for our message forums get pretty lively & we don't want all the world to see what we're saying when we remember things we did when we were in high school. Especially our kids!

Friday, November 7, 2008 at 9:51 AM - Response #4

OK, that will get me by until unlimited comes. I was thinking of adding another visual editor section at the bottom of the reunion planner called "Planning Details" or "After the Reunion is over" that could still be edited after the reunion was archived. Doing this would put everything about the reunion all in one place.

Or maybe warn people on that page that if they'd like to put all their planning details in their reunion file, they need to do it before they archive. Wouldn't help me because it's too late. But it would help site administrators in the future.

Edited 11/07/08 9:52 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.