ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Missing Classmates

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/30/08 12:50 PM Views: 1354 Replies: 5
Wednesday, July 30, 2008 at 12:50 PM

What do you do about classmates that you have found and contacted but they don't sign in to the webpage?
Technically, they are no longer missing.
Is there an icon to use such as not yet signed in or something?
It makes the names of the missing less daunting.
Also, I would appreciate any ideas to get them to sign in.
After a phone call, a mailing and an email there is not much else to do. It's frustrating. Tar and feather them?
Lori

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 at 12:59 PM - Response #1

Log on to your site; click on "Edit Site Pages";

Then click on the "Edit" button next to "Missing Classmates"

There are several options at the top of the screen for you to choose from. You can select any of those options that will remove the classmate from the "Missing List". It will not, however, mark them as "found" on the Classmate Profiles list.

Hope this helps.

~Christel

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 at 1:06 PM - Response #2

Thanks Christel

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 at 1:09 PM - Response #3

You're welcome! Smile

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 at 1:44 PM - Response #4

There are always going to be some Classmates who simply will not participate. Typically, they think the process is probably difficult. It's like asking somebody to join Facebook when they don't yet really know what Facebook is. It can all sound daunting, especially if you're not very computer savvy, and many Classmates are not. They don't realize how easy this really is, and unfortunately if they never join, then they never will. That's just how it is.

Anyway, in answer to your question, your Class List is really not your list of found and missing Classmates -- rather -- it's a list of those who have accounts on your web site. Having an account allows you to receive communications through the site, etc. and all those little icons help other Classmates deterine who's participating, how new their profile information is, are they coming to the reunion or not, etc.

This is why we also have the Missing Classmates page you can turn on as pointed out above. What constitutes a "Missing Classmate" to you may be different from other Site Administrators. For instance some of the classes from the 50s want to consider Missing Clasmates to be those without physical street addresses, as most of their communications are still done via regular Postal Mail. When you edit your Missing Classmates page we have several critera there for you to choose from to help you best manage your list of Classmates you consider to be missing.

Edited 07/30/08 10:54 PM
Wednesday, July 30, 2008 at 9:27 PM - Response #5

I would begin by telling you to be grateful that you at least know where they are. I have some who I have no information for. The second thing I would say is, "That's their loss". I can't tell you how many people are so glad that I put together our site. It has helped folks to reconnect and just in time for the reunion in the fall. You have to feel sorry for the ones that don't want to be involved at all. This is a very user friendly system. I'm not real savvy but have put together a decent site. Good luck and don't take it personally.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.