ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

File Limits Question

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/24/09 05:36 PM Views: 1245 Replies: 3
Sunday, May 24, 2009 at 5:36 PM

I received the email below, but I do not know how to find out if I am over the limit or not. Can someone please help me?
Thank you so much to anyone who can help. I feel kinda dumb that I do not know how to find out the information on my own.
~Stephanie

"With the implementation of the new editor there will be a 25 megabyte total file size limit per Grandfathered site in the File Vault effective June 1st. If you are a Grandfathered site and are already over the 25 meg file limit (only 3.6% of sites are) we respectfully ask you to free up some file space by removing old files that you may no longer be using in order to make way for new files. Temporarily the limit has been set at 100 megs to allow you to continue working with your site if you are currently over the limit."

Sunday, May 24, 2009 at 6:48 PM - Response #1

Hi Stephanie...

Go into Edit Site Pages...then pick any page to edit - Now on the toolbar you'll see a blue globe with a chain icon (it's the Insert/Edit Link) - Click on it. It'll bring up a new window (link info). Now you should see a button that says File Vault, click it. In the upper left of this new window there will be a pull down box that will toggle back and forth between file and images. Select one at a time, and it will show all your files and images you have uploaded (by name). Simply hit DELETE to the right of any file or image you currently don't need. That's it. Smile

PLEASE NOTE: At the bottom of this same window it will tell you how many bytes you are currently storing and at what capacity your currently at.

Hope that helps. -Doug

Edited 05/24/09 6:50 PM
Monday, May 25, 2009 at 1:07 AM - Response #2

Thank you so very much for taking the time out to write that out for me. Your directions were easy to follow. All the ones I checked said I was using 0. So I guess I am safe, unless I am reading it incorrectly.

Monday, May 25, 2009 at 1:00 PM - Response #3

I double checked for you - you are reading it correctly. You must not have ever uploaded a file to your file vault.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.