ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Embed monthly calendar on home page

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 11/22/10 11:25 AM Views: 2085 Replies: 7
Monday, November 22, 2010 at 11:25 AM

Hello from Kernersville, NC. Hoping someone can help me figure out how to accomplish something. I would like to embed a calendar on the home page - (one month at a time), and have the ability to put text on any given date. There have been many months throughout the year when there have been multiple reminders on the home page (or elsewhere) about one thing or another-----------and having a calendar would be welcomed by the over 400 members of my site.
Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

Monday, November 22, 2010 at 12:11 PM - Response #1

Haven't tried this one, but Google knows all....LOL. I just googled Embeded Appointment Calendar. Might check it out........

http://www.easyphpcalendar.com/

Edited 11/22/10 12:19 PM
Monday, November 22, 2010 at 12:20 PM - Response #2

I'll try that when I'm back home this afternoon. I hope the site you referenced is 'easy' as implied by their name. I should have mentioned in my first message that I've found calendar websites that offered the ability to 'embed' - but being as technically challenged as I am - I never figured out the 'how to'.

Monday, November 22, 2010 at 12:33 PM - Response #3

I did see that they have some Demo's there, and sample sites. However, it is not a free tool....$19.95 with ads, $29.95 for ad free.

If you try it, let me know. Perhaps something I might do also, though we are a small class and not as much need for a calendar. However, I am trying to get at least 2 more of our school classes to use CC, so my central website might be good to have event calendar for 3-5 classes.

Monday, November 22, 2010 at 1:09 PM - Response #4

I would love to have what you are looking for! As a substitute, I went to http://www.wishafriend.com/calendars/ and got a scrolling calendar that classmates can go from month to month and year to year, etc. I set it up like this as an announcement:

(Calendar Plug-In)

Mark the Date!

12-18-10 Gringo's in Spring (Houston)

2-25/26-11 60's Invite

Then I made links from the event to the description of the event in the forums. Of course, I have to keep it updated.

Now, if adding a plug in is an issue, I will just say that my site genius is a comedy of errors, but the FAQ's or searching this forum for plug-in's would be my solution. Once you do it, you will enjoy Plug In Mania!

Margaret

Monday, November 22, 2010 at 7:41 PM - Response #5

Try this one, Irma. I've used it for a couple of years now without a problem and it's free if you allow the small ads -

http://www.localendar.com/elsie

Thursday, November 25, 2010 at 4:38 PM - Response #6

Yeah - thanks to all who replied in an effort to help me. I wound up successfully adding a calendar using the site Mark referred.

Hope everyone has enjoyed today's Thanksgiving holiday

Saturday, November 27, 2010 at 4:31 PM - Response #7

I've used localendar as well and do like it. You are not alone in being "technically challenged". That's what we're here for; to help you as others have helped us.

Good luck with your site.

Tam

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.