ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

"Missing Classmates" counter??

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 04/04/09 10:47 PM Views: 2241 Replies: 14
Saturday, April 4, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Is there a way to add a counter on the "Missing Classmates" page? The count is different than the "Active Classmates" count, if you are not counting those classmates who you have an e-mail or address for. Something that says, "We are missing XX number of classmates!!" on the missing classmates page would be nice. Thanks for listening!!

Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 11:12 AM - Response #1

Hang on, I'll get you a variable for this on Monday. You'll be able to just type in the variable name into the text at the top of your Missing Classmates page and the current # of Missing Classmates will always display.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 at 3:27 PM - Response #2

Is there a way to count missing other than the obvious? I also want to say that although I don't have as much time to spend here as I would like, if I did, I could get addicted to this. Y'all have done a great job.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 at 3:35 PM - Response #3

Also, is there an active classmate counter by year coming soon?

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 at 6:04 PM - Response #4

Connie Hopper wrote:

Is there a way to count missing other than the obvious? I also want to say that although I don't have as much time to spend here as I would like, if I did, I could get addicted to this. Y'all have done a great job.

The best way to get totals on your numer of Missing Classmates is by clicking on your Statistics link. This will give you an exact total of how many Classmates are inactive (i.e. they've not joined your site).

Of course on your main Missing Classmates page you've got a list of Classmatse who are considered missing. What constitutes a Missing Classmate is up to the Administrator, and as you know we've provided 4 different options. I see you've set yours to:

"Consider Missing Classmates to be all Classmates with no email address or street address entered in the system."

Most people use the default, which considers a Missing Classmate to be any Classmate who has not joined the site. Different classes have different needs though, and that's why we provided 4 different Missing Classmate criterias from which to choose.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 at 6:08 PM - Response #5

Connie Hopper wrote:

Also, is there an active classmate counter by year coming soon?

Your Statistics area looks at your site as a whole, and reports on the # of Classmates, inactive Classmates, etc. Most areas of the site include all Classmates when there's any type of reporting happening. We could certainly show active Classmates by year somewhere though. I can think of several places we could include a Classmates by year count. Where would you like to see it? I.E. what part of the site would you find it most beneficial to see how many Classmates are included in each year?

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 at 8:28 PM - Response #6

Maybe on the page of each class year. In the key for each class.

Friday, July 31, 2009 at 10:14 PM - Response #7

What we'll do is make all items in the key have a total. Just like "Attending Reunion" does now. Good idea.

Friday, July 31, 2009 at 10:30 PM - Response #8

Brad Switzer wrote:

What we'll do is make all items in the key have a total. Just like "Attending Reunion" does now. Good idea.

a while back, attending reunion only counted by year but now it counts all the years together. is it supposed to do it like that? I prefer by yr.

Friday, July 31, 2009 at 10:32 PM - Response #9

Many schools (particularly smaller schools) are planning All Year reunions. We're going to need to change the Reunion Planner so multi sites can plan simultanous reunions, with each reunion having its own distinct Attendee Management section.

Friday, July 31, 2009 at 10:50 PM - Response #10

Brad Switzer wrote:

Many schools (particularly smaller schools) are planning All Year reunions. We're going to need to change the Reunion Planner so multi sites can plan simultanous reunions, with each reunion having its own distinct Attendee Management section.

is it possible to change it back to counting attendees by yr?

Saturday, August 1, 2009 at 1:03 AM - Response #11

I'll talk to Rick next week about accommodating both needs.

Saturday, August 1, 2009 at 4:41 PM - Response #12

Brad Switzer wrote:

Thanks!

Monday, August 10, 2009 at 1:04 PM - Response #13

Connie Hopper wrote:

Brad Switzer wrote:

Thanks!

Any word on this issue?

Monday, August 10, 2009 at 2:12 PM - Response #14

I tasked this item to Rick and he'll be programming an option to meet both needs when we get to this. It'll be a moment but this is coming up.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.