ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Survey Results Visible to Classmates ...

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/12/15 11:59 PM Views: 955 Replies: 4
Wednesday, August 12, 2015 at 11:59 PM

http://www.classcreator.com/Highland-Park-MI-1959-1963/
Judy Blackwell, Admin.
On my "2016 REUNIONS" survey, when my classmates click on "View Survey Results", they are getting all of the answers that have been input by individual classmates, which includes addresses, phone numbers and emails. Some of my classmates are extremely sensitive about sharing their personal addresses, phone numbers and emails, so this is a big problem. I want the classmates to be able to view the names of the people who have indicated they will be attending, but certainly not all of the individual information for each classmate. All they should be able to view is the name of the individuals who have indicated they will be attending. When you select the "Allow classmates to view collective results", the question mark states "Check this to give your classmates the ability to view collective results. Classmates can NEVER view individual answers." This is not what is transpiring and it is very concerning to me that I am sharing information of my classmates that they do not want shared. PLEASE HELP!!!

Thursday, August 13, 2015 at 4:52 PM - Response #1

Regarding that specific help tip, we have updated the verbiage to read the following: Check this box to give your classmates the ability to view collective survey results. While this option will show all classmates all answers, no answers are tied to the specific respondee (only Admins can see this). As all data is shown however, this is not recommended if you are asking Classmates for personal information.

If you are logged in as a classmate member and not the admin, you will not see the names of the people who replied. However, due to the questions you asked in the survey, everyone would be able to see the answers, which include the names as well as other sensitive information. Therefore, in your case, I still recommend that you keep these results to Admins Only.

Thursday, August 13, 2015 at 5:23 PM - Response #2

Thank you, Scott. If classmates have an idea where other classmates live, it wouldn't take much to figure out who the information belonged to. Therefore, I have adjusted my permission to Admin Only. As always, thanks for your help and patience.

Monday, August 31, 2015 at 2:29 PM - Response #3

Scott - So as to not create another topic, this is survey related. We have a survey "63 turns 70" and classmates can edit the survey, if they change an answer e.g. YES they are coming, to NO they are not coming. However, in one case, they not only changed the YES to NO, but also added comments...specifically Dave Clewell. The count was changed correctly, but the comments were NOT added, even for me, the Admin. I had to look at the actual survey to see the comments. Is that a bug or feature? In our Survey classmates can see the count of who is coming, but not actually WHO IS coming, so I created another link, whereby I manually added the names, so that other classmates could see who IS already coming. Was that the best (and maybe only) way to do that? Thanks

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 at 3:07 PM - Response #4

Not sure I see the issue. I see the following in the results: "Sorry things have changed and will not be able to attend the 70th birthday bash. Hope to see everyone at the 55th. Have a good time. Dave Clewell - Dave Clewell" Give me a call if you want to talk this through a little further. 734-585-5605

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.