ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Emails Indicating Changes to Profiles

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/20/09 06:39 PM Views: 1726 Replies: 4
Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 6:39 PM

I got this question from one of our class members. I don't know how to answer it. Can you help?

"When I get an email that you or someone has made a change to their Nordhoff page, is there any way to know what was changed?? Otherwise, you have to reread everything to stay current. and why do that if maybe the only change was a spelling correction? .... a limit of the program?"

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 8:12 PM - Response #1

I think this has been requested before and might be on the task list. Here are a few ideas...

Not sure how this would work. Since different classmates might not have even read the previous revision. So if only the current changes (difference between the current version and the previous version), then some classmates might not ever know that something was added two days ago that is also new to them.

If different HTML tags were used to mark the inserted items with this is new and the deleted items as STRIKEOUT this was deleted, then one revision could be kept track of.

But what if they made a great big revision, then was reading through their changes and noticed a spelling mistake, then went in and corrected their spelling. ALL of their previous big revision would not be highlighted any more, but the single spelling mistake would then be highlighted.

Just some ideas...

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 10:22 PM - Response #2

Added to Task List along with some other ideas. Note, Admins making such small corrections can elect to not show the changes as a Profile Update at all. The Classmate can currently make a very small change and it will still show up as a Profile update, correct.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 7:52 AM - Response #3

Brad Switzer wrote:

Added to Task List along with some other ideas. Note, Admins making such small corrections can elect to not show the changes as a Profile Update at all. The Classmate can currently make a very small change and it will still show up as a Profile update, correct.

So if, as admin, I do NOT check that box, then the classmate will NOT receive an email about a change - and vice-versa?

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 7:57 AM - Response #4

That is right. An admin can make a change and leave the checkbox unchecked and the modification is saved, but no e-mail will be sent. The Profile Update flag will not be set and the change will not be listed in the Profile Updates window.

All changes made by classmates will send out e-mails if a classmate has subscribed to the classmate's profile. All changes made by the classmate will be shown with the "Updated Profile" flag set, so the change will be listed in the Profile Updates window.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.