ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

website useage hints.

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/04/13 01:02 PM Views: 814 Replies: 5
Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 1:02 PM

The first of the year, I want to send a message out to members of my class website reminding them of some features they may not know about or are not using on the website. For example, many did not know about the 'Notify Me', or can right click on any picture I have on the website if they wish to keep it on their own computer.. What are some other obvious features that some may not be taking advantage of..

Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 12:23 AM - Response #1

I had a classmate who would send me stuff to put on the website that I thought was more appropriate for her to post on the Message Forum. So reminding them of the different ways to send a message might be good - Message Forum vs Private Message vs Classmate Comment.

Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 12:26 AM - Response #2

Message Forum
Chat
Being notified of classmates birthday, changes to profile, etc.

Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 6:44 AM - Response #3

The "Show Classmate Photos" option (within the Classmate profile link) -----If you have uploaded yearbook photos to each of your classmates---------------members can see ALL classmate photos 'at a glance' using the "Show Classmate Photo" option. A lot of members are unaware of that feature.Very Happy

Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 8:44 AM - Response #4

speaking of photo's . . .

The ability to print school photo's on name tags for reunions - - especially for those 20+ years after graduation! LOL

Friday, December 6, 2013 at 11:43 AM - Response #5

I'd like to do the same thing. Unless someone can direct me to something similar that's been done already - I'd like to develop a "Do You See What I See?" guide explaining that different browsers & equipment may be showing/not showing same views. For example, a Home Page may look different in IE vs. Firefox (as a dear friend & mentor Very Happy pointed out to me.) - would also point out the iPhone/iPad-Adobe compatibility issues still not resolved.

...& share "workarounds" - i.e., I just got a new phone (Yay) - but didn't realize Samsung tech is just like iPhone & when logging in to my site, I was only seeing the box w/little red "x" instead of videos, photos, etc.(boo)...went back to Kiosk & the Rep added an app called "Photon Browser" & I can "see" everything (as intended) again!

I'm pretty sure when I run into a classmate, ask what they think abt the site, & they say meekly "ummm...it's nice" - that they aren't seeing what I am. (..confused yet? Rolling Eyes ) LOL.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.