ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Event Planner - icon on classlist when someone registers

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/10/15 12:57 PM Views: 1265 Replies: 5
Sunday, May 10, 2015 at 12:57 PM

With the Reunion Planner, when someone registered for the event, an icon would go next to their name on the Classmates Profiles page.

It seems though that when someone registers for an event, an icon does not appear by their name.

Is there some way for classmates to see who is coming to the reunion automatically, or should we just add a page with a list of registrants that we maintain manually?

ALSO where did the Reunion Planner go? That link seems to be missing from my list of Admin Functions. I can see why you'd remove it to avoid confusion with Event Planner, but I kinda wanted to check something...

Edited 05/11/15 11:00 AM
Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 3:17 PM - Response #1

Yes, when a person registers for an event using the Event Planner, an icon does appear next to their name on the Classmate Profiles page. If you no longer had any active reunions in the Reunion Planner, it has been removed from your site as we are moving toward the Event Planner for the future.

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 3:56 PM - Response #2

Well there is no icon appearing next to the names on the Classmate Profiles list page when people have registered via the Event Planner. However, a list of events they registered for appears beneath their portrait on their individual profile (though it would be nice if the text did not wrap as one long sentence with no breaks :\ )

There are also a couple of events that appear as ones I am registered for that happened during my testing process. When I deleted the events, those registrations were not deleted from some cache somewhere, and I can't figure out how to get rid of them (which is why I wanted to look at the old Reunion Planner, to see if there was still something there).

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 4:33 PM - Response #3

I have been asking for an automatic way for classmates to be able see the names of all attendees to the reunion for the seven years that I have had a ClassCreator website. I agree that you can go to classmates profiles and see a list of the classmates that have signed up for the event but not their guest. We are a small town but we bring together about 65-115 classmates bi-monthly for what we call the MBHS Seahawk luncheon, we also have bi-annual reunions. A lot of our classmates are married to one another and others get together in small class groups that register under one name. The current attending display does not allow for this type of attendees list. As In most school events as you may remember from school days, classmates go to events that their friends attend.

I have struggled with running our reunion from multiple devices while on the road. Other than running a report and coping that list to a page and trying to make it attractive and easy to read and include attending names of each attendee & their guest with graduating years for each. I have not found another way.

You can run a report for attendees and guest but if you are not an admin that will not help our classmates. I feel that this is a very small project for the programmers. ClassCreator has all this information in the way of variables from the registration form and could either release these variables and make it possible for the admins to create and publish a custom report that could be linked so a classmate can click on it and have it display in an HTML window with name and date of event and attendees. Or simple have an attendees link that the program creates and displayed, such as,

"Attendees List"
Anderson, Randy '66
--------------------
Baker, Joan '63
---------------------
Bryan, Bo '64
Judy Jones - Guest
---------------------
Giel (Abney), Gretchen '67
Richard Abney '65 Spouse
---------------------------
Jennings, Randy '66
Jennings, Patsy 'Spouse
---------------------------
Total = 65

Names should be sorted by classmate, last name for men and maiden for women, with guest, spouse, or girl friend under the classmates with tab indent and dotted line to differentiate guest.

I realize that this has gotten a little long , I have seen so many changes to our ClassCreator that everyone has requested for one reason or the other, I would like to officially request that this be added to your ongoing list of needed changes or improvement.

I would also like to request that all likeminded admins join me in recommending this improvement.

Thank You
Randy Jennings
Seahawk Luncheon

Edited 05/13/15 4:42 PM
Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 9:51 PM - Response #4

Just went live with my Seahawk Luncheon registration for June,5 2015. A couple of unexpected things happened.

1. I signed up a few classmates to see how the inter-face worked. I then deleted my entries. The event icon is still appearing after I deleted these classmates.

2. One person signed up (Tim Chestnut)using the event planner and he completed the order, I as admin received his registration notice, but he did not receive his copy.

3. Tim's Brother signed up but I got no notification of his registration, email, funds and transaction. It is possible that he did not finish the registration but there is no way for me to go back like you could in Reunion Planner and click on their name and complete their registration.

That you for your help in advance.

Randy Jennings
Seahawk Luncheon

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 11:32 PM - Response #5

Randy Jennings wrote:

Just went live with my Seahawk Luncheon registration for June,5 2015. A couple of unexpected things happened.

1. I signed up a few classmates to see how the inter-face worked. I then deleted my entries. The event icon is still appearing after I deleted these classmates.

That you for your help in advance.

Randy Jennings
Seahawk Luncheon

See this thread that reports the same problem.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.