ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Internet Explorer 9, beta

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/03/10 01:52 PM Views: 1434 Replies: 4
Sunday, October 3, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Has anyone been evaluating our websites yet with Internet Explorer 9? My understanding is that it is not far from completing Beta, especially when they recently made it available to public as 'beta'.

IE9 might be popping up soon with classmates Smile

Sunday, October 3, 2010 at 8:04 PM - Response #1

I used it but ended up uninstalling it and went back to IE8. Had ALOT of issues with it when it came time to Edit Pages. I had asked Brad about it, and he suggested to wait until the beta version testing is over.

Sunday, October 3, 2010 at 8:36 PM - Response #2

Doug Platt wrote:

I used it but ended up uninstalling it and went back to IE8. Had ALOT of issues with it when it came time to Edit Pages. I had asked Brad about it, and he suggested to wait until the beta version testing is over.

I think that is the best plan also; just trying to prepare should any of my classmates make that jump.

Brad, is ClassCreator doing any testing on IE9, just in case some classmates upgrade or whatever? I can certainly advise my classmates to wait, if there are any concerns.

Sunday, October 3, 2010 at 8:45 PM - Response #3

No we are not doing any testing currently on the IE9 beta browser. IE in the past has had all kinds of issues while still in beta. So if we find something wrong in beta it's hard to know if it'll still be that way or not in final release.

Sunday, October 3, 2010 at 8:59 PM - Response #4

That makes sense.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.