ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

E-mail Bounce Notice on Profiles

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 04/30/15 02:09 PM Views: 1048 Replies: 1
Thursday, April 30, 2015 at 2:09 PM

It would be useful to display, on a member’s profile, a notice that explains to other members viewing the profile that the e-mail address for that member is in bounce status and they will receive no e-mail from the site until it is cleared. I’m not talking about the notice already shown to the owner of the profile notifying them to re-optin or correct their e-mail address.

I have a member who joined in April, 2013 (the last time she logged-in) and her e-mail is in bounce status. E-mail sent to the address from my personal account also bounces, so the address is just not good.

Today is that member’s birthday and a fellow classmate posted a comment wishing her a happy birthday and telling her that she “Sent you an e-mail a while ago. Don't know if you ever got it.” If the sender had known at the time that her e-mail would not be delivered, she may not have sent it or at least understood that it may be a while before she gets a response.

Perhaps, a notice something like: “This classmate’s e-mail address has bounced. They will receive no further e-mail from the site until the condition is cleared. You can still send them a private message and post comments on their profile. Be aware, however, that they will not know about the message or comment until they log in again, which may not be for some time.”

Thursday, April 30, 2015 at 6:03 PM - Response #1

Hi Tom,

If you have any additional contact information for this classmate you might want to reach out to them via phone of postal mail once to let them know they are missing notices from the site.

As the administrator you are able to add a notice if you wish to their profile.

We do provide the classmate and the administrator with details regarding the bounce. It is not standard to provide contact status to a profile for all users to see, however, administrators may add comments or updates to the profile itself if they choose.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.