ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Oops! message when uploading pictures

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/06/08 11:59 AM Views: 1394 Replies: 4
Thursday, November 6, 2008 at 11:59 AM

Hi,
I have been uploading pictures on our website,but the last time I did, was before the revamp of the site a few weeks ago. I didn't do anything different today when uploading more photos,(except changing the classic template to the 70's template) then I clicked SAVE, then I received that "Oops!" message and went back to see the what happened, and all the website pages was blown out of proportion.

Would it have done so if I was in one of the classic templates other than the new 70's template?
Has the upload size change since the revamp? I thought it auto-sized anything you throw at it.

My 25 pictures on each sheet are approx. 8.5" x 13" / and about 3.0M file size each. I have never experienced this problem before the revamp. If I were to make the pictures smaller, then no one would be able to see who these people look like or read their names. Thanks!

Edited 11/06/08 1:39 PM
Thursday, November 6, 2008 at 2:28 PM - Response #1

James:

I'm so glad you gave me so much information, I know exactly what's going wrong. Please re-size your original images to no larger than 1000 pixels wide and the picture re-sizing on the page will work. Your original images are too large. If you don't have a program that will do this, there is a lot of free-ware out there that can.

Rhonda
Class Creator

Thursday, November 6, 2008 at 3:26 PM - Response #2

Thanks!
But I never had to resize the photo-sheets before your website revamp.
I use photoshop, so I'll try to re-size,but if they are too small to view, then I don't know what the benefit of that would be.

By going back to the classic template eleviate this size problem? Thanks

Thursday, November 6, 2008 at 5:01 PM - Response #3

Ok fine,
Thanks! I re-sized to 1000 pixels width and it worked,but I don't remember ever doing this before, when it automatically sized the photos for me. Anyway, Thanks again, James

Thursday, November 6, 2008 at 5:58 PM - Response #4

Could have been the photo format, could have been the compression, it's hard to say. I tell people to size down to 1,000 pixels, but in most cases our system is going to resize it further than that based on where you're putting the photo. I use 1,000 as a general rule, because we often see people uploading absolutely gigantic image scans or digital pictures to the system. I've seen people uploading pixels as large as 10,000 pixels wide.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.