ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Fun things to poll the class on

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/29/08 10:19 PM Views: 4666 Replies: 22
Tuesday, July 29, 2008 at 10:19 PM

I would like to hear what some of you have polled your class on in the past.
Thanks!

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 at 10:37 PM - Response #1

Hello! Our site has only been up about three and a half weeks. We had a tentative date set for the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend. Several people were not going to be able to attend because of going out of town for the holiday or the hunters in our class leave for the mountains that weekend for hunting season. I polled the class on whether the change in the date affected their decision to attend the reunion. You can see it at www.manheimcentralsrhs78.com. I only started the poll yesterday so it is not real active yet.

Thursday, July 31, 2008 at 7:48 PM - Response #2

Hi Debbie,

I just started posting pools about two weeks ago, so I am searching for ideas as well.

My current poll is "What was your favorite high school course\ class" and my poll before that was "Which School did you like better" (we had two high schools...the South Campus had grades 9&10, and North had 11&12).

I was thinking for next weeks poll I might ask if people who are attending the reunion want to wear name tage.

Greg

Thursday, July 31, 2008 at 7:52 PM - Response #3

I wanted to ask silly questions. One of the girls said on the forum something about everyone's bones popping when they walk. I posted yes, no, I wouldn't tell you even if they did and not after I lose this 20 lbs. for the reunion! It was kind of fun. I have over a year to get serious!

Friday, August 1, 2008 at 9:45 AM - Response #4

I posted the question: In the movie "The Breakfast Club" which character did you most relate to? I then listed all 6 characters. I'll be changing my poll soon. I'm trying to find the best way to post the results of previous polls just for fun. I was going to just list the results but I think showing the pie chart would look the best.

Saturday, August 2, 2008 at 11:26 PM - Response #5

Thanks for all the ideas. I will keep the results of past polls. What a good idea. When I think of how boring my site was before I found this forum...this has made all my work even more fun!!!

Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 12:33 AM - Response #6

Here's one I just came up with today:

Which non-academic school subject was the most useful to you as an adult?

Auto shop
Wood shop
Band
Ofice Aide
Team Sports
Typing

Sunday, August 24, 2008 at 1:48 PM - Response #7

Favorite 1989 movie (I found examples off a website)
Favorite 1989 Word (psyche, suck, wannabe, etc).
Favorite Sitcom
Favorite Movie of 1989
Favorite Song

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 4:05 PM - Response #8

My first poll question was which post-high-school technology are you most dependent upon?

I think the next one will be "How did you get into your current career a) what you went to college for; b) what you've always dreamed of doing; c) family business; d) accidental career; e) Career? I just have a stinking job.

Saturday, August 30, 2008 at 10:57 PM - Response #9

Our site is for the 1970's so I polled the class on "Which hairstyle that you wore in the 70's do you regret the most" with choices being:
1. The Farrah Fawcett Shag
2. The Disco Wedge Cut
3. The Afro
4. The Mullet
5. Long and Straight
6. None - I always looked cool

I've also polled the class on best memory (possible answers were gleaned from reading classmate's profiles). We also had a very colorful principal so I polled the class on favorite quote/action of his.

Since polls are overwritten each time a new one is created, I've taken a screen shot of each before I reset it. For our upcoming reunion, I've got a Powerpoint presentation with all of the classmates and a lot of the photos they've posted on the site that will run in a continuous loop and the screen shots of the polls are going to be sprinkled in.

Jan Cook
Whitehouse Texas Class of 1974

Saturday, September 13, 2008 at 10:41 PM - Response #10

perfect! I am from 1974 and would like to use your hairstyle poll. Great idea. 1974 has to stick together!

Thursday, September 18, 2008 at 11:15 PM - Response #11

I have done 2 polls. The first was did we want karaoke with the DJ. Then some is in a band that does all kinds of music. Now my new poll is, do we want a live band or a DJ w/karaoke? Funny it has been up 24 hours and we have got a tie, 11 to 11..

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 at 11:36 PM - Response #12

Regarding displaying previous polls:
I do a screen shot of the home page & poll results, (Press "Ctrl" + "Alt"+ "Print Scr") then I crop the pie chart out, save as an image, and post to it's own page on our site. See my Past Poll Results page.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 at 7:31 PM - Response #13

One of our polls was "Would you like to be contacted by your high school flame?", with answer choices being, Most Definitely, HELL NO and maybe.

Friday, November 14, 2008 at 10:17 PM - Response #14

Love it! Thanks!!!!!

Sunday, January 18, 2009 at 7:17 PM - Response #15

I have had so much fun polling the class. I have to admit I change the poll every week. I know I will run out of things to ask pretty soon. I have had some very interesting answers!

Saturday, February 7, 2009 at 2:53 PM - Response #16

Poll On Internet Social Website

I put this poll together for 3 reasons: 1) to get an idea how Internet savvy my class is (I have a feeling that we are all over the map) 2) to encourage my classmates to connect on My Facebook and My Space pages (I created them back in 2006) 3) To educate those who are not familiar with using the Internet to connect with friends {You can look at my Home Page, currently I have information posted to help a classmate get interested in these websites...feel free to copy, but notice all of the links!}

The social website “Facebook” just turned 5 years old. “MySpace” and “LinkedIn” started in 2003. “Twitter” started in 2006. Which best describes you and these “Social Networking Websites”:

A: I started using one or more of these sites back in 2003-2004. (An early bird)
B: I started using one or more of these sites back in 2005. (Friends with an early bird)
C: I started using one or more of these sites back in 2006-2007. (I follow the latest buzz...)
D: I finally jumped on the band wagon last year! [2008]
E: Better late than never… How do I join?
F: Sorry, I’m just not interested and have better things to do. It’s all a passing phase like Disco!

Edited 02/07/09 2:54 PM
Sunday, February 8, 2009 at 4:46 PM - Response #17

Is a poll different than a survey? I have seen some polls on different web sites but have no idea how to do it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Andy Krauser
Teaneck HS 1969

Sunday, February 8, 2009 at 5:07 PM - Response #18

A Poll is mostly just for fun. It isn't restricted to classmates because it is always on the home page.

A Survey is only for classmates and is on a separate page. The classmate needs to be logged in or he can't respond to the survey.

With a survey, there is a Survey Results that you can view to get the totals of each question. You can e-mail those who responded. You can e-mail those who didn't respond. Guest members are also included and can enter data in the survey.

A Survey can be very complex, like the profile questions because the survey code uses the profile generator. When you have an active reunion, you can also have a Reunion Survey that can become active.

Edited 02/08/09 5:08 PM
Sunday, February 8, 2009 at 5:33 PM - Response #19

Only Classmates can vote in a poll too (i.e. they have to be logged in), but Kyle is right, the poll is primarily an entertainment feature. For collecting important data you should use your Survey Marker.

If you want to have some fun with polls, just click Edit Site Pages, click the Edit button next to your home page, and turn on your poll. To the right of the checkbox where you turn on your poll you can click to enter your poll management area.

As a general rule, if you see something on a home page (yours or any other class site) you can get to that item by clicking on Edit Site Pages, and then clicking the Edit button next to home page.

Saturday, November 28, 2009 at 9:26 PM - Response #20

Aaron - how did you get your poll results page to set up like that. When I copy and past my current poll, it doesn't look like yours - it's very distorted.

Thanks,
Debra

Sunday, November 29, 2009 at 5:21 PM - Response #21

I wanted to let you know we have done surveys and we have done polls. We did the first few with a light hearted sense of humor to teach the class how to do these topics. The first survey was general. Tell us suggestions for our website and we included a few questions about our reunion. The first poll in October asked for favorite pies. The second was favorite turkey part: leg, wing, breast, dark meat & stuffing.
Breast won.
We are teaching our classmates to do these topics.
Hope this helps. We had 20% do the topics. Judy

Friday, March 12, 2010 at 3:36 PM - Response #22

Aaron, your poll pie charts are killer! I love that idea. I get how you post them, but I notice that two are side-by-side. How did you do that? Dale Clark MHS '65

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.