ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Adding new fonts to the six at present?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/07/10 03:33 AM Views: 1422 Replies: 3
Friday, May 7, 2010 at 3:33 AM

Is there ever going to be an option to add more fonts than the regular six choices we have now in the editing?

For now, I have do use other fonts in Photoshop, then copy/paste into the edit pages. Just curious. Thank you!

Edited 05/07/10 1:30 PM
Friday, May 7, 2010 at 1:11 PM - Response #1

Strongly recommend that you do not do that from Word. First, Word will paste incompatible code in there that won't work right on at least some browsers. And second, fonts only display correctly if the user him or herself has that same font installed on their own computer. If you use a font that's not incredibly popular you run the risk of the page rendering completely different for the viewer than you see it yourself. This is why we've limited the font selection to 6 fonts so common we know for certain they're installed on virtually 100% of computers.

Friday, May 7, 2010 at 1:30 PM - Response #2

Thanks Brad,
Yeah, that makes total sense, I forgot about other people having to have the same fonts on their puter in order to view what I post...nevermind.
I don't do the word thang anyway, I guess I saw the WORD in the editing box and thought it was ok to use, then I tried it once and I think it did do something, so I have been doing the photoshop thing ever since, save as a jpg, then bring it into the website that way. Thx! James Cool

Friday, May 7, 2010 at 1:33 PM - Response #3

Saving fonts as a graphic is an excellent workaround. For what it's worth though I'm with ya on this one, it's a pain to do it that way, and you'd think after all these years more font choices would be standard universal options in the browsers themselves. This is one of those weird things though that just hasn't changed much since the dawn of the Internet.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.