ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Problem with playlist.com or site?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/29/08 09:25 PM Views: 1622 Replies: 12
Tuesday, July 29, 2008 at 9:25 PM

I have 7 songs on the home page and they have worked fine for about 2 weeks until tonight. It keeps clocking and telling me how many items are done (I am no computer guru). It has never done this. I deleted and redid it.
Is or has anyone else ever had this problem?

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 at 9:56 PM - Response #1

I am having trouble paste the playlist on the site in which I have 15-20 songs to put on site. How can put the list on the site?

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 at 10:03 PM - Response #2

Can I embed third party objects on my site, such as music or videos?

Answer: Yes. You can easily embed objects from any other web site, such as videos, music, slideshows, reunion countdown clocks, and much more. An example site with third party embedded slideshows and music can be seen here: Broken Arrow High School Class of 1988.

You can generate third party objects on numerous sites, but here are a few of the major sites to get you started:

One True Media - one of our favorites. Allows you to create stylish and professional-looking video montages quickly and easily online from your digital photos and video.
You Tube - embed your own video from You Tube, or any other video on the You tube web site.
Playlist.com - easily add music to your web site. (Note: If you wish to add music to your home page you must select Playlist.com's narrow player.)
Photobucket - create your own slide shows and embed them in your site.
Flickr - another popular slide show creator.
Slide.com - and another popular slide show creator.
Issuu - publish dynamic "turn the page" publications on your web site. Very slick! Some schools use this to publish their entire yearbook on their Class Creator web sites. See Pennsauken High School Class of 1983 for an example.
WishAFriend - look under the MySpace Fun Stuff column, and click on the "Flash Toys" option. All of these objects will work perfectly on your Class Creator web site. The sky's the limit on what you can create here.
iBegin Weather - add the local weather to your site
Countdown Clock - add a reunion countdown clock to your site.
SiteMeter - add a visitor counter to your home page or other page of your site.
addonChat - add a real time chat feature to your site and talk to your Classmates live. Our favorite.
Everywhere Chat - another real time chat system you can easily add to your site.
IMchat - another chat room option.
Widgetbox - choose from hundreds of objects you can embed on your site.
PagePlugIns - more fun stuff you can put on your Class Creator web site.
The general procedure for embedding third party objects is as follows:

At the third party web site generate the code for your object, then select and copy the code.
Return to your Class Creator web site and enter edit mode for the page on which you wish to embed the object.
Click your mouse on the exact location on your page where you wish for the embedded object to appear.
Click the "Source" button to toggle over to source code view (the Source button is located at the upper left corner of your editor).
Paste the code that you previously copied in Step #1.
Click the "Source" button again to toggle back to design view. Note: You will not see the third party embedded object in the Class Creator editor.
Save you page.
Preview your page live. You will now see the embedded object on your page.
NOTE ABOUT THE SIZE OF PLAYLIST.COM PLAYLISTS AND OTHER EMBEDDED OBJECTS: Most embedded objects will fit fine on any sub pages of your web site, however, your home page is divided into two columns and embedded objects that are too large will "blow out" the formatting of your home page and/or cross over other elements on the right side of your page. If you put an embedded object on your home page or Announcement Board do not use objects over 270 pixels wide. If you are embedding PlayList.com Playlists (width 435) you can easily change the size of your embedded player by following these steps:

After pasting your Playlist.com source code identify all widths and heights that are specified in the code (there are several instances of them so be sure to identify all instances).
Change ALL widths and ALL heights to 270. Then save your page.
Your Playlist will now fit perfectly on your home page without interfering with the formatting.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 at 10:11 PM - Response #3

Debbie Phillips wrote:

I have 7 songs on the home page and they have worked fine for about 2 weeks until tonight. It keeps clocking and telling me how many items are done (I am no computer guru). It has never done this. I deleted and redid it.
Is or has anyone else ever had this problem?

I'm not sure what the problem might have been, but all 7 of your songs are playing fine. Because these songs do not pull from Class Creator servers, I can only assume Playlist.com themselves were having issues, and I suspect they fixed those issues.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 at 10:15 PM - Response #4

Brad, I couldn't get into this site at all but was able to get in others. It is working now. Who knows!!!!
Thanks!

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 at 10:29 PM - Response #5

California earthquake aftershocks maybe. Wink

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 at 8:36 PM - Response #6

I'm in Memphis. Do you think that would be possible?

When DO you sleep?

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 at 9:20 PM - Response #7

If I slept I'd never be able to keep up with all the requests.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 at 9:24 PM - Response #8

Well, I know I speak for all of us when I say we sure appreciate that, but what about your family?!

A personal question...do you have another job? Can you tell us a little about you since you know so much about us!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 at 11:22 PM - Response #9

What? You wanna know about me? Well ok then. Smile

Brad Switzer, 40 year old life long computer geek, conceptulizer of the Class Creator system (although at this point I have to give the credit to the community who has all these great ideas, and the programmers who make it all come to life), wife Pamela, father of 3 year old daugher Haley, son due by c-section on Friday if my wife doesn't go into labor tomorrow.

This is what I do. Not just Class Creator but many other online ventures as well. Most of "my" programmers are also long term friends, so we have very close group of people who work on Class Creator every day.

Do I ever sleep... Yes, I actually do. I'm a night person though. So when you WON'T find me responding in forums or working on Class Creator is very early morning hours, when I'm -- yes -- actually sleeping. Smile

I work on things off and on throughout the day and evening -- I typically don't work numerous hours in a row. So one minute I'm responding here in the forums, and the next I'm at Dairy Queen with my daughter. I'm really not here 24 hours a day although it probably seems like it.

Note, starting Friday morning I will be in the hospital for 3 days for the birth of our son, so if ya'll wanna answer as many questions as possible here in my absense I'd very much appreciate it. You gals and guys really know your stuff. I think there's people on here who know this stuff as well as I do.

Thursday, July 31, 2008 at 12:29 AM - Response #10

Hey Brad! Thanks for telling us about YOU! Good luck and congrats on the upcoming birth of your son! I have two boys ... they are great! I also had two c-sections ... also GREAT! Yup ... 23 hours of labor with #1 then a c-section so #2 was a scheduled c-section. NO LABOR! YEAH!

PLEASE POST SOME PICS AFTER YOUR SON IS BORN! Very Happy

Thursday, July 31, 2008 at 1:30 AM - Response #11

Debbie Phillips wrote:

I'm in Memphis. Do you think that would be possible?

When DO you sleep?

HEY! I am right outside of Memphis!! How ya doing neighbor!!!!
And thanks Brad for being such a WONDERFUL computer whiz!!!Razz If you've noticed by the times I usually post, I am a night person too!!! Usually up til atleast 3am every night--on the evil computer huntin for gadgets and gizmos!!!!! Congrats on the upcoming arrival!!!!

Thursday, July 31, 2008 at 10:06 AM - Response #12

Brad,

Thanks for everything you do and for telling us about yourself! I have received rave reviews for our website and we really appreciate all the work you do.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.