ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Contact Us

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 08/14/10 12:44 PM Views: 1499 Replies: 8
Saturday, August 14, 2010 at 12:44 PM

Suggestion - when a classmate clicks on the "If your name needs to be added please contact us" link at the bottom of a Classes & Classmates page (at least, in multi-years) it would be very helpful to have the message that comes to the admins tell which class page it came from, so we've got a clue to what year they were asking to join. They don't always tell us that. I'm sure some take it for granted that we can read their minds. It helps to know where a person was (what they were doing) when they asked for help. Also if you know of any other places where you have Contact Us defaulted in the page text besides the menu link.

Whatcha think?

Saturday, August 14, 2010 at 10:23 PM - Response #1

How about we just add a Class Year field that spans your site's year range to the Contact Us form? That way no matter where they're coming from you'll always know. Because the public can fill out this form too we could just make one of the options "NA so that could be easily selected instead of a year". What do you think about that?

Saturday, August 14, 2010 at 11:45 PM - Response #2

The "Letterhead" already contains our 1907-2010 title so we know that much already. It's pinning it down when they want to be added to one of the years within that range and all they do is fill out the Contact Us with their name. I'm guessing that because it was intitiated from a particular year, they assume we know. Probably not that important if you're not able to send that location to the form. Just a thought.

Or were you talking about a drop-down class selector? Yes, that might do it.

Saturday, August 14, 2010 at 11:48 PM - Response #3

What Brad was talking about is on the Contact Us form, having a drop-down selector that says YEAR: and had all of the possible years for the website listed, with the default year being "Not Applicable" so that is still a choice.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011 at 1:31 PM - Response #4

That's a great idea. May I also request a STATIC Subject Line, such as "Request to Join"? This way I can quickly locate, sort, or even auto-reply when these emails arrive in my inbox.

Unfortunately, one of our board members decided to "announce" our multi-year website before we had uploaded barely any classmates names and now I'm being slammed with requests to join. I'd like to create an auto-reply rule, but I need a common element. I looked for a way to edit the subject line myself, but it seems I don't have access to that form.

Please let me know if this can be implement and if it might be soon. Thanks for considering my suggestion!

All the best,
Terry

Monday, November 14, 2011 at 10:29 AM - Response #5

The Contact form is intended to be for general purpose communication with the site administrator, so limiting the subject field to a specified set of options doesn't really help serve the purpose for which it exists. I understand that it would be helpful for the specific situation you're in, but any change we make would affect every site in our system, and some of those sites are not even membership sites so a request to join in those circumstances would be completely inappropriate

Monday, November 14, 2011 at 11:55 AM - Response #6

Ah. I guess I assumed this particular link to contact form was a unique instance in the site design (like when I insert an email anchor).

Oh well. Thanks for looking into it. What about the option of some preset topics in a drop down list? Many web-based contact forms are designed that way.

Thanks Eric.

Terry

Monday, November 14, 2011 at 3:27 PM - Response #7

It certainly is possible, but the wording of any particular choice in the list might not be applicable or appropriate for the type of site it is. Many admins want visitors to their site to assume that it is a custom website, which would be belied by a set of options in the dropdown that don't apply to that site.

Monday, November 14, 2011 at 3:48 PM - Response #8

Oh, I absolutely agree Eric. Except I would imagine most admins might come to a consensus on a few subject lines that are true for all of us, such as "Request to Join" or "Report Broken Link" for example. As long as the choices are all common issues and "Other" also remained as a choice, it might be a popular idea. However, I will defer to the popular vote. I will leave the ball in their court. Wink

Anyway, thanks for entertaining the possibilities with me!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.