ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Not Secure

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/27/19 05:43 AM Views: 568 Replies: 3
Wednesday, March 27, 2019 at 5:43 AM

Our website shows that it is Not Secure http://www.sahs1967.net/class_index.cfm.

I have had some reluctance of users using our site, and now I am afraid if they see this, they will quit using the site and tell others not to

Is there a fix for this? Is there something I can do?

Please respond ASAP.

Edited 03/28/19 3:32 AM
Friday, April 5, 2019 at 10:55 AM - Response #1

I have the same problem. It doesn't happen everytime I sign in, but frequently. Also, somehow, a classmate's log in and password showed up in my iphone saved passwords. Not sure how that could happen, but I have never had access to that password of the classmate. A little concerned about security even more now.

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 at 7:38 AM - Response #2

Also receiving “Not Secure” immediately after updating iPhone to IOS
Am not receiving “Not Secure” to other websites.
Our Classmates will not log on to a website
stating “Not Secure”, neither would I,

My iPad hasn’t yet been updated to IOS 12.2 - there’s not a message on iPad saying “Not Secure”.
Question: is our website Secure?
If it is Secure, is there a CC statement Admin can post to reassure our classmates? Thank you.

Edited 04/09/19 7:57 AM
Tuesday, April 9, 2019 at 8:16 AM - Response #3

Here’s what I located re: Not Secure. I’m not techy. Does this mean CC should have an SSL certificate? OR does each CC individual website require an SSL certificate? I’m not eager to log on to my class website. Need to know ASAP.
————
How Do I Solve The “Not Secure” Warning?

There is no shortcut that will help you avoid this warning. The only way out is to face the issue head-on by getting an SSL certificate. WordPress has been on the frontline urging its users to migrate to HTTPS. Pages with forms for users to fill information should be given priority. Consider migrating your entire site from HTTP to HTTPS to make it future proof against the impending Red Flag warning that will affect all non-HTTPS websites.
————-
An organization needs to install the SSL Certificate onto its web server to initiate a secure session with browsers. Once a secure connection is established, all web traffic between the web server and the web browser will be secure.

When a certificate is successfully installed on your server, the application protocol (also known as HTTP) will change to HTTPs, where the ‘S’ stands for ‘secure’. Depending on the type of certificate you purchase and what browser you are surfing the internet on, a browser will show a padlock or green bar in the browser when you visit a website that has an SSL Certificate installed.

Edited 04/09/19 8:24 AM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.