ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

New Text Pops to Bottom of Page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/04/09 08:08 AM Views: 1311 Replies: 5
Saturday, April 4, 2009 at 8:08 AM

AACCHHKK! Frequently, not always, when I add new text to our pages, "The Broadcaster," and "This Just In...," the text will end up at the bottom of the page.
What do I need to know to keep that from happening?
Also, sometimes when I try to keep the newest story at the top of "This Just In," they seem to magically rearrange themselves.
Kathy

Saturday, April 4, 2009 at 1:14 PM - Response #1

Hmmm. I checked out your Broadcaster page. I was expecting to see third party source code, like Microsoft Word code or something like that, but nope, that's not the case. Everything looks clean. I do see one third party plugin in there, although that generally shouldn't cause something like this. Did you create these pages exclusliverly in our editor? I didn't scrutinize every tag in the code but nothing jumps out at me as problematic.

Let's try two things:

1) Click FAQs above, click Questions About Maintaining Your Site, and read Question #18. Try insertting the little nohardspace tag at the top of your code. Basically that tells our system to never try to assist you with the spacing on your page.

2) In roughly 1 week we're going to be upgrading our site editor to the lastest and greatest editor. That alone may fix this issue. If it doesn't I'll have a programmer investigate these pages further, but let's hope solution 1 above or the new editor resolves this problem automatically.

Saturday, April 4, 2009 at 1:21 PM - Response #2

Brad,

Some of the text was copied from a classmate's e-mail he sent through Class Creator, so I don't know what he created it in.

I just pasted on The Broadcaster page.

I'm headed to FAQ's right now to read.

Saturday, April 4, 2009 at 1:25 PM - Response #3

While I'm here...another question.

I am extending our subscription to 5 years per your instructions.

BUT, when I go to Classmates.net, evidently I've forgotten my LOG IN ID ! I can't even get to my account to add the years there.

Now what?

Saturday, April 4, 2009 at 2:11 PM - Response #4

Jess said she assisted you with this, so unless you say otherwise I'm assuming you're set.

Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 8:46 AM - Response #5

I'm set...for now ! Thanks.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.