ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Survey results

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/08/14 10:21 PM Views: 807 Replies: 4
Saturday, March 8, 2014 at 10:21 PM

I would like to view the results of a survey in the format that classmates see them. Instead, because I am the administrator I see a more detailed version, specifically the names of classmates and their answers to questions. I need to "log-in" to see anything and of course the site automatically acknowledges that I am the administrator. I hope this is not to confusing. I just want to double check that what everyone is seeing is what it should be.

Thanks

Monday, March 10, 2014 at 11:23 AM - Response #1

Lynn,
For what you want to see, and for many other purposes as well, it's easy to create a new 'test' member. Use a different email account if you have access to one, and use your imagination for the name. "Test Account" or whatever you come up is fine. And if you don't want it to appear on the class list, create it as a 'hidden' member.

A test member is very handy when you want to see what non-admins can see - and what they can do. And when you join as the test member, you'll see what new members see. It's also a great way to see what members see for everything from adding photos to testing the new Facebook connection.

My test member has all the notify options turned on (once daily), and is subscribed to all members - so I get duplicate notify emails there as well to view what other members would see as changes are made, profiles are updated, etc.

Monday, March 10, 2014 at 2:46 PM - Response #2

Thanks John, after reading your response I realized the answer was so simple I didn't stop to think. Of course the logical solution is an alternate test account. Thanks for "shaking my brain"

I took a peek at your web site. Very impressive and creative. Love the falling shamrocks.

Where do you get your graphics?

Again, thanks for your support, so very nice of you.

Lynn
Thornridge Class of 1964

Monday, March 10, 2014 at 3:06 PM - Response #3

Thanks!

Graphics come from a slew of places, but often 'borrowed' from other CC sites. The background came from another site (Thanks LeAnn) and was originally an animated gif showing multiple images. I used a gif editor to strip off the layers to leave only the one I wanted to use.
The falling shamrock uses an announcement containing a script that Jack put together plus a Google search for a 'transparent gif' of a shamrock, resized for the script to use.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 at 4:24 PM - Response #4

Remember, you do NOT need a different email address, ONLY a different password for that new 'test' classmate.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.