ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Emails that say Add Me

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/09/11 08:56 PM Views: 1294 Replies: 3
Wednesday, November 9, 2011 at 8:56 PM

I posted a link to classcreator.com on my Facebook group for our graduating class. I'm the administrator for this group.

Now, instead of seeing the group growing, I keep getting emails from classmates from classcreator.com telling me that I need to add that particular person.

Where do I go to do that?

Wednesday, November 9, 2011 at 9:07 PM - Response #1

Amy,

If you have a class list, you can create a spreadsheet, then upload the spreadsheet . That is the easiest. This is done through the Manage Classmates, Upload Classlist, then DOWNLOAD TEMPLATE, then fill out the template spreadsheet, then save the spreadsheet as a CSV (comma separated values) then return to Manage Classmates, Upload Classlist, BROWSE, then find the file, upload the file.

Make sure your spreadsheet has no commas in any of the cells and is in the correct format as the DOWNLOAD TEMPLATE.

If you want to add classmates when they request it, go to Manage Classmates, Enter/Edit Classmates, then click the ADD CLASSMATE button.

Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 11:43 AM - Response #2

I've added our class list but none of the addresses have zip codes. Can I add the zip codes to the spreadsheet and download it again without losing information that class mates have already changed or added to their profile/

Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 11:50 AM - Response #3

No, you would have to delete those classmates who haven't signed in yet and only re-upload those classmates. If you modify a field in the upload template, that classmate will be unique so it will be added again and you would have duplicates. If you don't modify anything and upload again, the classmates would already exist, so they wouldn't get recreated.

There is a quick way to delete classmates. Go to Manage Classmates, Upload Classmates, then RESET CLASSMATES. you will be able to choose which classmates get deleted before it will delete them.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.