ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Domain Name scams

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/04/18 09:22 AM Views: 1025 Replies: 11
Tuesday, September 4, 2018 at 9:22 AM

Hello - I received the following email re: Domain name scams. I'd like to verify it is legit and from Class Creator. I searched the forum and did not find anything similar. I have not clicked on any of the links. I suspect foul-play because there are a few incorrect facts contained herein. Thank-you!

-------------------

Philip,

You registered your domain name roughly 4 months ago. I'm emailing you today with a reminder about unscrupulous Domain Name Registrars.

If you purchased a domain name from Classnames.net the annual cost is $19.95 per year, or less if you purchased for multiple years. Solicitations from unscrupulous Registrars unfortunately disguise their solicitations as something that appears to be a bill. Many people who do not know any better wind up paying, falling victim to this scam and inadvertently transferring their domain name away from Classnames.net.

If you receive something in the mail that looks like a bill for your domain name, and it is not from Classnames.net, DO NOT PAY IT. Simply throw it away. There are several Registrars out there willing to prey on domain name owners with these types of misleading solicitations. How unfortunate. Be on the lookout for these, as you will most likely receive at least 1. Here are the names of the 2 worst offenders:

Domain Registry of America
Website Listings

Brad Switzer
Class Creator

---------------------

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 at 1:52 PM - Response #1

Your domain name Expires 5/21/2020. When in doubt, just ask and we can look it up for you. Thanks!

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 at 4:49 PM - Response #2

Thanks, but is the email above legit? Did it come from Class Creator?

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 at 5:17 PM - Response #3

Yes, that is just a notification that informs you to watch out for scammers. If you receive email from Classnames.net, Classcreator.net / .com or ICANN - those are all legit. Any others are not affiliated with us and are not legit.

Monday, October 1, 2018 at 3:38 PM - Response #4

Domain Service
info@peccu.org. From an email.

I believe this to be a scan but I don’t know where I should check to see when our domain name expires. Plus I thought there was a way to contact Class realtor without using the forum but I couldn’t find it.

Monday, October 1, 2018 at 3:52 PM - Response #5

This link gives your domain expiration

Expires 2020-11-28

Enom is a registrar used by other resellers. For example, classcreator.net shows up as enom.com

Monday, October 1, 2018 at 5:22 PM - Response #6

Yes, your domain name is registered with us at Classnames.net and expires 11/28/2020

Any emails (or snail mail for that matter) from companies other than Class Creator or Classnames.net regarding your domain name are NOT legit.

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 2:55 PM - Response #7

Are we a .com or .net site? Mine has expired but classcreator is good for a while I think. Do I follow the renew instructions? I thought the domain name expired at same time as website.

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 4:10 PM - Response #8

Domain name and web hosting (CC) are separate. Your site is .com www.leemthurston63.com

Be sure to renew ASAP to avoid more expenses and not losing your name

Thursday, January 24, 2019 at 1:52 PM - Response #9

Hi Janice,

You have another email address on file at www.classnames.net I can email you the details in a direct email rather than posting it on the public forum.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Friday, February 15, 2019 at 7:44 PM - Response #10

Looks like our domain registration has expired. I've emailed support a few times with no response. How can we get this renewed? Have not received any notices.
Appreciate your help!

Edited 02/15/19 7:44 PM
Monday, February 18, 2019 at 12:45 PM - Response #11

Hi Jana - Looks like your domain name was registered to Colleen Grim. Please give me a call at the office so I can assist further. 734-585-5605 - I will be here until 5:30 today.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.