ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

email the class stuck again

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/29/13 02:19 PM Views: 1154 Replies: 24
Wednesday, May 29, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I sent a class email over a couple hours ago. Usually your site emails go thru in seconds. In my experience when I don't see them in a few minutes they are not coming at all. ARE their any issues today?

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 at 2:26 PM - Response #1

The system is running slower than normal right now. Please reply back to this when you do receive the messages. If you do not receive them in the next couple hours, also let us know this as well.

Thanks,

Scott Mastenbrook
Class Creator

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 at 6:15 PM - Response #2

I'm having the same problem...I sent a class email around 3 this afternoon, it's now after 6 and we haven't gotten them.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 at 7:21 PM - Response #3

I reported this issue on Monday. It took between 9 - 10 hours to receive my copies. My post was apparently deleted from the forums here Crying or Very sad and I received a private response that there were no issues. Could not be on the receiving end because between myself and my husband we have 5 email addresses listed on the site across 3 different ISPs. All of these emails finally arrived with 45 minutes of each other.

I also have a member on one of my other sites who requested a Password Help email about 6 hours ago (I can tell this from my Statcounter info) and then they emailed me through Contact Us 4 hours ago about that and I just now received that email.

Edited 05/29/13 7:31 PM
Wednesday, May 29, 2013 at 7:29 PM - Response #4

At 7:20 p.m. this evening we believe all email backup issues have been resolved. We'll spend a full day tomorrow monitoring just to be sure. Should be all set on this.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 at 9:24 PM - Response #5

I think we all got our emails between 7 and 7:30

Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 12:08 PM - Response #6

They went thru finally .. but they took all day. I have had that happen to emails 3-4 times in the past 4 years.

Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 1:09 PM - Response #7

Things seem to me moving much smoother today.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 at 9:28 AM - Response #8

Seems the Email all Class is stuck again.... perhaps an "NSA problem" - just kidding. Sent an email out 06/19/13 at 06:51 AM but now is 06/19/13 08:28 AM and still nothing. I admit I am spoiled as it was almost instantaneous in the past.

Patrick

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 at 11:58 AM - Response #9

Nothing that I know of. I happened to do a test a little while ago with another admin and they got theirs pretty quick. I'll go take another look, but I know of nothing unusual at the moment.

Thursday, June 20, 2013 at 10:35 AM - Response #10

Perhaps a problem with my email account on Gmail. One classmate got his message in about a minute.

Thanks for checking.

Patrick

Monday, August 5, 2013 at 8:49 AM - Response #11

I sent an "Email the Class" last night as I do every Sunday evening. It's now 10 hours later and it has not come through. I have many classmates who anxiously await for my "Sunday Summary" and I'm getting emails asking where it is!

Monday, August 5, 2013 at 11:03 AM - Response #12

I also sent an email to my class last night (about 10 hours ago). There is no trace of it in anyones mailbox. Do I need to send it again?

Monday, August 5, 2013 at 12:16 PM - Response #13

Hi Katie,
This is simply my suggestion...do not resend the email. If you do, your members will receive the email twice when the outbox is back up to speed.

Monday, August 5, 2013 at 12:27 PM - Response #14

Good to know. I sent one out last night that is still to arrive. Do you know typically how long it takes to fix the issue? Deadline week for classmates to buy tickets - so I need to be "email blasting" at record speed. Smile

Thanks for your help,

Julie

Monday, August 5, 2013 at 12:31 PM - Response #15

Do we have a current status on the "email the class" issue?

Crucial three days for me. Deadline is Thursday to buy tickets. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

This site is so awesome, so thankful for it!

Julie

Monday, August 5, 2013 at 1:02 PM - Response #16

Looks like server just got restarted. You should be getting msgs again.

Monday, August 5, 2013 at 1:47 PM - Response #17

Jack replied to this thread before I had a chance! Smile

We have reset the mail server and all of the "backlog" of emails in the queue are being sent. This should be resolved shortly.

Monday, August 5, 2013 at 6:20 PM - Response #18

With all due respect, this has been happening much too often for sites that RELY on these email distributions. If we knew ahead of time that there was a multi-hour backup some of us may be able to email outside of the CC site (as cumbersome as it may be) in order to be sure our messages get out timely.

These recurrent backlogs seem to have increased since the move to the new mail server. Can something be done to address whatever the real issue is? It doesn't seem that all of a sudden there are that many more emails being sent.

Again, not a criticism - just a frustration. Thanks.

Monday, August 5, 2013 at 7:43 PM - Response #19

Yes, that's frustrating indeed. Multi part plan for this and other similar current IT issues. We've basically outgrown the hardware we're on. The whole system is shortly moving to new hardware plus an updated platform as well. So it's a move and a migration all in one. Let's hope this email issue doesn't surface again after the move. If it does we'll bring in an email expert to specifically look at this issue and determine why this happens sometimes. And I'll also see if we can write a script to send and receive an email every 5 minutes automatically. If the test ever fails we'll then get paged. At least if this surfaces we'd know about it within the first 5 minutes and then can manually fix it. That's a bandaid and I'm sure there's a better IT solution, but would be a pretty good failsafe to have in place at all times anyway. Clearly any email delay affects somebody.

Monday, August 5, 2013 at 8:19 PM - Response #20

Thanks for the response Brad. Your bandaid sounds like a good interim patch. We all appreciate your efforts. I'm sure it's equally as frustrating for you - if not more so.Wink

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 11:03 AM - Response #21

Brad and all the CC folks... thanks for the awesome customer service. Having worked in an unofficial IT capacity over the years (I was the reluctant "go to person") I can appreciate the battle sometimes to keep systems running.

Just wanted to say thanks for the follow-ups.

Patrick

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 12:18 PM - Response #22

Thanks Patrick!

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 at 10:08 AM - Response #23

It is me again! So sorry to bother you. This time, I composed an email, saved it as a draft, then sent it later (last night) As I know that there can be a delay in emails, I wasn't concerned. Checked it later and saw that the letter was still saved as a draft and sent it again. Still no luck (this was last night) I just went in to send a test email to me and got it immediately. But the email looks like it is still saved as a draft, even though I sent it twice. Help!

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 at 2:33 PM - Response #24

That is strange. I cannot duplicate this (I tried with my test site). If it was sent, do not attempt to send it again. If you want to remove it from your drafts, you can simply click delete.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.