ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Funeral Resolution

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/01/11 07:07 AM Views: 15382 Replies: 9
Thursday, September 1, 2011 at 7:07 AM

Good Morning CC Experts!

Has anyone presented the family of a deceased classmate with a Resolution from their class alumni? I am working on one for a classmate funeral tomorrow. I'm kind of stuck with some of the verbiage. I did call my school and the district, but they have no such thing. I think a grief response team is appropriate (going forward) and a resolution just for this purpose, someone from class attend funeral. Any suggestions, templates, etc.?

Thursday, September 1, 2011 at 10:09 AM - Response #1

I've only seen the word "resolution" used that way when a government body in a council meeting following standard rules makes a statement to go in their official minutes, recognizing somebody who has passed. Saw that via Google when I was researching alumni.

Thursday, September 1, 2011 at 5:49 PM - Response #2
ResolutionforAlumni.pdf

Thanks so much Mary. I have attached what I came up with. I went to see the wife, showed it to her for approval she was in tears. Just to know that after 37 years he is still remembered by our class. I also sent a nice floral arrangement in our school colors. I just thought it would be a nice gesture.

Thursday, September 1, 2011 at 6:17 PM - Response #3

Cynthia,
Thanks for sharing your beautiful words and thoughtfulness. What a wonderful idea! You did a great job with the resolution, and your thoughtfulness with the flowers will come back to you manifold.
Your class is blessed to have you "taking care" to show that you care!
May you be a blessing at the service, and may others be inspired by the legacy of your friend to carry on in his honor!
Thanks again, for sharing and for all that you do for those in your life!

Thursday, September 1, 2011 at 9:16 PM - Response #4

Very Impressive Cynthia! Nicely done! I also say thank you for sharing.

Thursday, September 1, 2011 at 11:43 PM - Response #5

You all are welcome! I am committed to this and keep thinking of ways to make it better. Our school was torn down and rebuilt. It now houses 9-12, 1400 students total. I met with the principal last week and after our talk, he is going to give me an Alumni office on the first floor. I maybe be able to get some more Alumni to volunteer 5 hours a day. This way we can form a bond with the 12 graders, maybe establish a scholarship fund or something. Anyway, I'm just rattling on. lol. Oh, we had 14 new members in July and August topped that with 16 new members. I'm excited, still!

Saturday, September 3, 2011 at 11:06 AM - Response #6

Way to go Cynthia. I remember when you joined these Forums and were looking for help. Now you are the source of new and fresh ideas and are working out of the high school.

How cool is that???? We're proud of you!

PS check at the office supply stores for engraved fancy certificates you can print your resolutions on.

Edited 09/03/11 11:09 AM
Sunday, September 4, 2011 at 10:09 AM - Response #7

Thanks John! I did exactly that, found some real pretty gold parchment paper, Maroon covers, and gold seal. They were beautiful! So much so, the now principal of our school wanted to keep one after signing. It was such a nice touch, and the only resolution presented at the funeral. Other graduating classes were there and have contacted me on how they can do the same thing. Who would have thought that this would start something.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 at 2:34 AM - Response #8

Thank you so much for that template. It was very helpful.

Saturday, November 19, 2011 at 1:52 AM - Response #9

Thank you! Glad you could use it.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.