ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Memorial Day

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/15/15 09:55 AM Views: 1811 Replies: 11
Friday, May 15, 2015 at 9:55 AM

Hi,
Does anyone have any memorial Day photos &/or videos that can be easily accessed and copied for this weekend?
Thanks.
Barbara

Friday, May 15, 2015 at 10:20 AM - Response #1

Hi Barbara,
I have a poster and a video at the top of my home page. I also have a couple of pages that I haven't made active yet. Let me know if you could use more material.
LeAnn

Edited 05/15/15 10:23 AM
Friday, May 15, 2015 at 12:23 PM - Response #2

Thanks LeAnn,
I'm going to your homepage now. I see you graduated the same year as did I. Are you planning a 55 year reuniopn in 2018? And if I may ask, how big is your graduation class (I ask this because mine was small...75 girls)?
Barbara

Friday, May 15, 2015 at 12:34 PM - Response #3

Hi again,
I copied the photo. Would like to see the "World War II Pilot" photo or video, but it was restricted. If you have any others, please let me know at your convenience.
Barbara
928.899.1366 (cell phone)

Friday, May 15, 2015 at 1:18 PM - Response #4

Here is a link to our Memorial Day page. You are welcome to anything on it.

http://www.ephs61.com/Memorial-Day.htm?preview=y&rr=44785

Jim

Friday, May 15, 2015 at 2:10 PM - Response #5

If you see anything on our home page that you would like to use, help yourself.

Edited 05/15/15 2:11 PM
Friday, May 15, 2015 at 3:47 PM - Response #6

I activated the WWII article, but it is about a woman from Minnesota who was in the Air Force. It might not be of interest to others, but we also have a woman from our class who was in the Air Force. I opened that page and I also activated a couple of Memorial Day pages for you to look at. There is a graphic you might like at the end of the May items on home page.

We also had a small class of 95. We probably will have a reunion, but no plans have been made yet. It's easier to plan when you know it will always be in our hometown.

Friday, May 15, 2015 at 5:14 PM - Response #8

Here's an into and video I have used for the last 2 years:

MEMORIAL DAY HONORS MEN AND WOMEN WHO DIED WHILE SERVING IN THE UNITED STATES ARMED FORCES. Originally known as Decoration Day, it began in the years following the Civil War, which claimed more lives than any conflict in U.S. history and required the establishment of the country’s first national cemeteries. By the late 1860s Americans in various towns and cities had begun holding springtime tributes to these countless fallen soldiers by decorating their graves with flowers and reciting prayers.

During World War I the United States found itself embroiled in another major conflict, and the Memorial Day holiday evolved to commemorate American military personnel who died in all wars.For decades, Memorial Day was observed on May 30, but in 1968 Congress passed the Uniform Monday Holiday Act, which established Memorial Day as the last Monday in May in order to create a three-day weekend for federal employees; the change went into effect in 1971. The same law also declared Memorial Day a federal holiday.

Cities and towns across the United States host Memorial Day parades each year, often incorporating military personnel and members of veterans’ organizations. Americans also observe Memorial Day by visiting cemeteries and memorials in remembrance of loved ones. On a less somber note, many people throw parties and barbecues on the holiday, perhaps because it unofficially marks the beginning of summer.

Saturday, May 16, 2015 at 12:16 AM - Response #9

Thanks, everyone. They're all really helpful.
Kyle, I did it again...I posted a number of these Memorial Day photos and videos, reduced them to make sure they're all under 400 pixels. Yet everything went down to the bottom of the page (as though my pics or writing was too big. Please help me. How did I get into this situation again?
Barbara

Saturday, May 16, 2015 at 1:54 PM - Response #10

Barbara,

This is how you solve these issues....
On the POST ANNOUNCEMENTS page, next to each active announcement is a PREVIEW ONLY button. This means that the home page will redisplay in a new window with only that announcement and the rest of the home page displaying. If the announcement is still at the bottom of the page, then you have found the problem announcement. When I did this, it was your first announcement, the Memorial Day page.

Editing the problem announcement, I then did the SOURCE button and then used the browser SEARCH (sometimes called FIND) feature to search for "width". There is one width like "width: 667px". The maximum width of an announcement is 420. If you change 667 to 420 (or less), it will probably fix the problem. Save the announcement and refresh the home page. Repeat if problem still exists.

Let me know if you need more help.

Saturday, May 23, 2015 at 12:20 PM - Response #11
memorialday.jpg

I have attached a pic I use every year on our home page.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.