ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Domain Expired?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/13/16 02:29 PM Views: 948 Replies: 7
Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 2:29 PM

One of our original admins signed up for quite a few years of ClassCreator, but might not have gotten as many years for Domain Name Registration.
Can you tell if 'newtrierWest1973.com" has truly expired, or is there some other problem with the classcreator site?
Thanks,
Rickvv
(helping Karen Abrams/Bressman with some troubleshooting)

Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 2:42 PM - Response #1
newtrierWest1973.JPG

It appears (see attached) that it expired on February 10 and was then renewed for another year on February 11. This is not a problem with Class Creator but it can give you the URL to which the A record should point to make it operative again.

Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 2:49 PM - Response #2

OK. I haven't heard from the original admin (Karen), but it looks like it's expiration was picked up by a squatter, and the domain is pointing to a 'for sale' site.
If she renewed it and somehow the A record wasn't put back correctly. I hope we haven't somehow gotten things messed up Wink

Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 2:58 PM - Response #3

I recently had a situation like yours on another CC site I administer. The individual who was the initial root admin had obtained the domain name. I finally got hold of him, told him it had expired and once the domain name was renewed it just took the A record change, with which CC helped him, to become functional once again.

Hope it works similarly for you.

Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 4:21 PM - Response #4

Hi Rick,

I sent you an email with details on how to get the domain active again.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, March 14, 2016 at 8:08 AM - Response #5

Yes!
It seems that the domain name and the classcreator service are two separate functions.
My admin had signed up for 10 years of CC, but only 3 years of Name Registration. And she told me that she hadn't gotten any email alerts that the name was expiring.

But thanks to jessica, we were able to renew the name, and it all just started working again.

Thanks for your help!
-rick and the class of '73 Wink

Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 4:55 PM - Response #6

I've been looking for a contact link or direction as to how we renew our domain name. We, like others had the initial person's name. We overlooked that we didn't change it out of his. We have a new team captain, and I'm one of the people who help put the content in.

Our site is olympus65.com
We are prepared to pay to renew it for at least 5 years. Would you please send me directions on how to do this?

Pretty please? my name is Jolene Thomas, I'm writing on behalf of Terry Rushton,

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thanks
Jolene Thomas
jodi1020@gmail.com

Edited 02/11/17 4:57 PM
Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 9:50 AM - Response #7

Terry,

Your current domain name expires in 2019
Domain Name Expires:    15 Aug 2019

If you want to make a payment to extend this domain name, you could use the Class Creator Payments form. Make sure you say which website it is for and the purpose of the payment.
https://www.classcreator.com/payment.cfm

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.