ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Cannot login on Firefox

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/26/12 02:39 PM Views: 1494 Replies: 8
Monday, November 26, 2012 at 2:39 PM

I tried to view our class web site in Firefox 16.0.2. It indicated successfull login, but would not let me see profiles or administrator functions. Works fine on IE8. Any ideas?

Monday, November 26, 2012 at 3:25 PM - Response #1

You may have cookies disabled in Firefox, which would prevent you from being able to access content only displayed to those who have an active login cookie.
It is also possible your cookie file is corrupt, in which case you should clear it using the instructions here: http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cookies

Edited 11/26/12 3:28 PM
Monday, November 26, 2012 at 4:07 PM - Response #2

I can see it fine in Firefox, Nancy. Cool

Monday, November 26, 2012 at 6:55 PM - Response #3

Clearing all cookies on Firefox corrected the problem. Thanks!

Monday, November 26, 2012 at 8:04 PM - Response #4

Try new Firefox 18 Beta. This seems to work a little better. Anyway, Firefox will not longer support 64bit computers but will opt to have only a 32bit version to install on both 32 and 64 bit. There are problems with the Firefox 64 bit versions concerning the plugins that allow viewing graphical websites.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 10:00 PM - Response #5

Interesting, Papa. I've had zero problems with Firefox.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 10:40 AM - Response #6

Maybe the older versions of Firefox were more forgiving. I can only give you the Mozilla Firefox Company's statement concerning newer 64bit versions of Firefox. While I prefer Firefox, there have been times that the browser has failed me. Google and MS browsers have also failed me at times. Most all browsers except IE are based on the old Netscape format which I liked until it no longer was being distributed. There are some issues that gamers have with Firefox plugins but a Firefox user like you and I will never see too many problems. The most common problem is Sun Java compatibility but this is not a stopper as some plugins in 64bit are

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 11:49 AM - Response #7

Good info, for those of us who understand it, Papa. Smile

I use Google for Facebook and Firefox for everything else. Get this... last night, I had problems with Firefox. It hit the 'Not Responding' mode. This morning, the option to restore all or choose tabs that were open when that happened came up and here I am. Is this what you meant by the browser failing you, Papa?

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:59 PM - Response #8

That is the main problem I have encountered. Another problem seem to be that in high internet traffic, Firefox has a problems when slower sites don't respond quickly. Firefox then just gives up. A second try works and the site opens. Script reading on some sites does not function correctly in Firefox. This may have to do with built in plugins. Maybe other minor problems have occured but I forget those details.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.