ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Reunion Planner Updates

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 05/23/09 11:30 AM Views: 1306 Replies: 4
Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 11:30 AM
summary.JPG

I know a few of these have been addressed but I would like to hit them again.

1. We really need a way to download the registration information into a database. We expect well over 100 at the reunion and having to look at each individual registration and transfer the data will be NO fun.

2. The summary at the top of the attendee page is still listing multiple totals. I think we have three lines for the same event.

3. If someone checks-out and pays by check, then decides later to pay by credit card it doubles the order. If the total is $100 it will show them owing $200 and paid $100. The good news is we can delete the original checkout but it causes a lot more work in hunting the error down.

The sight has been great, but as we approach our reunion date, the items above will become more critical!

Chris

Edited 05/23/09 11:30 AM
Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 10:42 PM - Response #1
summary.JPG

1) Working on implementing ACH right now (direct deposit) then we're going to complete some final reporting/exporting. Yes, I know drilling into records is a drag.

2) Items should be totalling not repeating as you've pointed out, asked programmer to look into this issue. Holiday and everyone is out, but we will look at this as soon as possible.

3) If somebody orders something by personal check, the order is complete. If they later go back into the store and submit the order again, this time selecting credit card, yes the order is going to be submitted again. Fortunately you can correct it as you've pointed out, but aside from that I'm not sure what else to do about it. We have to allow people to come back and order more stuff, as they frequently do. So let's say they order another ticket. We have no way of knowing if they really wanted an additional ticket, or if they just changed their mind and decided to pay by credit card instead, and resubmitted the order for a single ticket. These types of cases should be rare overall, but when they happen you may have to ask the Classmate if they really meant to order more stuff, or if they just changed their mind regarding how to pay and thus ordereed again.

Edited 05/23/09 10:44 PM
Sunday, May 24, 2009 at 8:10 AM - Response #2

One more thing that would help is to have any amount owed show up bold and in red? Or any other way to make it stand out. As we scroll down our list of classmates attending we would be able to see right away who still owed money.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 12:28 PM - Response #3

Brad,

I hate to beat a dead horse but do you think we will see the ability to download the reunion planner data into a database anytime soon? I put a lot of information on the registration form and it will take a long time to go through and pull it. I would love to start pulling the data early but I would have to do it again with every deadline. If I start adding who wants beef or chicken at the dinner now to save time, I have to do it all again at the deadline because someone may have changed their mind. Because of my my rapidly approaching reunion this database download ability is critical. Are we looking at weeks or months?

Chris

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 6:00 PM - Response #4

Weeks. Different programmers work on different parts of the system, and only 1 programmer does the Reunion Planner. And I've got that programmer activately working on the ACH (direct deposit) system until done. Sadly, we actually had it done and were ready to install it, but long story short, the ACH provider only supports 32 bit servers and our entire system runs on 64 bit servers. In today's 64 bit server world it's not even something we thought to check into. They won't even give us a date on when they'll have a 64 bit tag, so all we can do is totally reconfigure the ACH system ro run through a totally separate 32 bit system, which creates all kinds of rework... So anyway, we're doing that now, and when ACH goes live Kevin will move into more reunion exporting and reporting tools.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.