ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Root administrator

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/30/09 07:21 PM Views: 1659 Replies: 8
Sunday, August 30, 2009 at 7:21 PM

I just became the new root admin. Under preferences I saw that the old password was still on there. Do I need to change that to my personal one?

Sunday, August 30, 2009 at 8:35 PM - Response #1

There is no password on the Preferences page. What password are you referring to?

Sunday, August 30, 2009 at 8:37 PM - Response #2

It says System Password. It still has the other guys password in that slot.

Sunday, August 30, 2009 at 8:40 PM - Response #3

Oh I see. So there's no confusion, that password is under your Edit Site Pages area, not Preferences. It's not somebody's password though. It's very important you understand the difference between the System Password and a Classmate Password. Please do this:

1) Click FAQs above
2) Click Questions About Passwords
3) Read Question #1

Let me know if you have any questions.

Sunday, October 18, 2009 at 6:03 PM - Response #4

I thought I was the Root Admin, but when I went to Edit Home Page, "Who's On Line Now?", and clicked on Privacy Control it said I wasn't the Root Admin. Am I missing something somewhere? Thanks.

Sunday, October 18, 2009 at 6:11 PM - Response #5

Judy Oliver wrote:

I thought I was the Root Admin, but when I went to Edit Home Page, "Who's On Line Now?", and clicked on Privacy Control it said I wasn't the Root Admin. Am I missing something somewhere? Thanks.

From what I can tell, LAURA is the Root Admin.

Sunday, October 18, 2009 at 6:21 PM - Response #6

Kyle Erickson wrote:

Judy Oliver wrote:

From what I can tell, LAURA is the Root Admin.

She and I are both setup as Administrators, she's in charge of financial (we used her credit card) and I'm in charge of the website. How do we change it so that I'm the root admin?

Sunday, October 18, 2009 at 6:26 PM - Response #7

If SHE agrees, have her login to the site, click on PREFERENCES (only the Root Admin can see Preferences). There is a drop-down that will say this (shown below). Have her select YOU as the new Root Admin.

ROOT ADMINISTRATOR

(DROP-DOWN LIST OF ADMINS SHOWS HERE)

Your site may have multiple Administrators, but only one person can be the Root Administrator. Only the Root Administrator can see this Preferences page. If you wish to turn over Root Administrator privileges to another Administrator instead of yourself, select Administrator from the list above*.
Note: Once you have reassigned Root Administrator privileges, only the new Root Administrator will be able to access this Preferences page.

Sunday, October 18, 2009 at 6:37 PM - Response #8

Correct. We have a very strict policy regarding changing Root Administrators. Regardless of reason, the current Root Administrator has to go in and authorize the change him or herself under the Preferences section as Kyle mentioned.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.