ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Uploading PDF files in Gallery Creator

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/17/10 01:57 PM Views: 2100 Replies: 12
Wednesday, March 17, 2010 at 1:57 PM

Hi,

I created a Photo Gallery named "Scrap Book" with the intent of having both images (e.g., JPG) and text (e.g., PDF) files. However when I try to upload the PDF file, gallery creator indicates not correct image type.

Other than converting my PDF files to say JPG, is there a way to add/upload PDF files to my photo gallery?

Thanks,
Ian

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 at 2:32 PM - Response #1

Nope. Gallery Creator allows you to make photo galleries and slideshows. That's it, nothing else.

Here's an alternative for you: If you want to create links to PDF files on a photo gallery page, just create the link in your editable content block that appears above your thumbnail photos. This way you can have your photos on the same page as the link(s) to your PDF file(s).

Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 11:51 AM - Response #2

Thanks Brad.

On a different note...I noticed that the name of my high school that is used in the forum posting is different from that on my website. It appears the forum is using old information. How do I change this?

Thanks,
Ian

Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 12:48 PM - Response #3

It's automated. Let me turn this over to Rick.

Sunday, March 28, 2010 at 2:04 PM - Response #4

Hi,

Any update on this issue? I still see the incorrect (old) name for my school being used in my posts.

Thanks,
Ian

Sunday, March 28, 2010 at 6:31 PM - Response #5

I should have mentioned that Rick left for vacation. Smile It's on his list for when he returns though.

Thursday, April 15, 2010 at 10:13 AM - Response #6

Hi,

Any update on this? I still see the old name as of today.

Thanks,
Ian

Thursday, April 15, 2010 at 9:02 PM - Response #7

Should be fine now.

Sunday, April 18, 2010 at 4:32 PM - Response #8

Yes it is. Thanks.

If I want to make another change, would you need to make some change on your end?

Sunday, April 18, 2010 at 4:42 PM - Response #9

Yes, your forum account here is created the first time you join, and is separate from fields on your site. So if you change the school name itself we'd have to update it here. Logos will update automatically now if you change logos.

Sunday, April 18, 2010 at 4:49 PM - Response #10

I need for you to make one more change...sorry...they changed the name of our school. Please remove the apostrophe on the word "boys'".

Thanks,
Ian

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 at 11:33 PM - Response #11

We scanned the senior portraits from our yearbook onto about 20 pages, in a single PDF. How and where do I upload the pdf to our website so classmates can browse through the pages?

Thursday, June 10, 2010 at 9:22 AM - Response #12

To do this, you need to sign up with www.issuu.com . They have a service that will change PDF files into a clickable/embedable graphic image. You just upload the PDF and it will change it into booklet form and give you the codes so you can embed it on your website. When you embed the codes, remember to first click the SOURCE button.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.