ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Upload Class List

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/09/17 03:11 PM Views: 4331 Replies: 5
Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 3:11 PM

I'm having problems uploading a class list based on using the template you provide. I tried selecting the "Download Template" button and not altering anything on the spreadsheet I Saved it as a .csv file and when I select it and then select the "Upload Classmates" button it shows "0" classmates uploaded. Please Help.

Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 4:39 PM - Response #1

I am assuming that "not altering anything on the spreadsheet" is talking about the column names and the order of the column headings. I don't understand why you would just want to upload the template that contains fake classmate names.

If you have some classmates in the new upload file, make sure that none of the classmates have a comma in their name or address. For example, "John Smith, Jr.". or "400 N 100 East, Apt #2". In both of these cases, just delete the comma.

If you are still having problems, use the ClassCreator CONTACT US form and then upload the file and we will have a look at the file to determine what problems we can see.

Remember that the "Download Template" of a non-multiple year class is going to be different than a multi-year class. The multi-year class will have at least one extra column.

Saturday, October 30, 2021 at 3:10 PM - Response #2

Hi Kyle, I'm having the same problem that I did in 2017. When I download your template, all the columns run together. Thus it doesn't work when I try to upload the class list. Below is what I get when I try your doc. All the columns run together. I only show headers with 7 columns.

YOUR "DOWNLOAD TEMPLATE"
First   Name,Last   Name,Married   Name,Email,Address   1,Address   2,City,State,Zip,Country,Telephone,Cell   Phone,Gender,Year,Admin   Notes

Edited 10/31/21 8:35 PM
Sunday, October 31, 2021 at 8:44 PM - Response #3

Hi Vicky,

I edited the post so it would not include an example that may have been actual classmate data as this is a public forum post.

The template will open in Excel or other spreadsheet software as separate columns - the file is CSV (comma separated values) so you may need to tell the software you are using that the separator is commas.

What program are you opening the file in?

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Friday, March 4, 2022 at 2:01 PM - Response #4

Hi All,

I am also having challenges uploaded a class list. I downloaded the template and added all the first and last names. I've selected the appropriate file (saved as .csv) and when I try to upload it, I see a "0" classmates added.

Any insights or assistance is welcomed!

Judie (I am admin for one class and now building the website for the class before mine)

Saturday, March 5, 2022 at 1:13 AM - Response #5

Hi Judie,

I may need to look at your file. Please email the file to info@classcreator.com and I can take a look.

There are a few things that may contribute to this:

1. When you open the file you need to make sure you don't change any of the headers - they need to stay in the exact order and the titles can not change.
2. When you remove the sample data please make sure to keep at least one blank line before the data starts as we have in the sample

Without seeing the file I'm not sure if either of those items are related to the issue.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.