ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Deleting Classmates

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/09/11 02:54 PM Views: 1440 Replies: 5
Friday, December 9, 2011 at 2:54 PM

For my multiyr class site (nearly 6200 classmates), a class list (class of 2013) was uploaded (approx 230 classmates) before email ids were available. Now I have acquired email ids for about 150 of them. Whats the best way to upload this info to the site. Is there a way i can delete just the class of 2013? and then do a batch upload with the email ids..? any other way?

Friday, December 9, 2011 at 3:00 PM - Response #1

Tom,

If you want to delete everyone (nobody has signed in yet), that would probably be the easiest, but deleting individuals is also easy.

Go to Manage Classmates, Upload Classmates, then RESET CLASSMATES. You will be asked which classmates to delete before you click the button to delete them. You can select individuals or select the entire class, then delete them.

Friday, December 9, 2011 at 6:31 PM - Response #2

Kyle,

I tried Reset classmates and the entire list of 6000+ classmates comes up. I do not see the option to select a particular class. What I was looking for was an easy option to delete just one class ( in my case the class of 2013). So is my only option then to individually select about 150+ classmates i wish to delete?

Friday, December 9, 2011 at 6:58 PM - Response #3

The RESET CLASSMATES isn't set up right now for multiple classes. I will add that suggestion to the enhancement wishlist.

Until that time, it is probably a toss-up as to which way would be faster. If you have the list of names in front of you, it might be faster to use the RESET CLASSMATES and search for those on the class list and reset multiple names at that time.

Sorry it isn't the answer you wanted to hear.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 at 4:11 PM - Response #4

Tom,

The RESET CLASSMATES page now has a YEAR column and there is also a drop-down to filter the reset by year, so you can just delete those from a certain year.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 at 6:03 PM - Response #5

Wonderful, thanks!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.