ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Huge Blank Space on Right Side

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/16/08 09:47 AM Views: 1707 Replies: 4
Tuesday, September 16, 2008 at 9:47 AM

Hi Brad,

I was wondering if there's a way to center our site on the page so there's an equal amount of space on each side. Similiar to the way your site is set up...Just curious.

Thanks in advance
Dionne

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 at 10:56 AM - Response #1

Not currently. When we get to it we'll probably widen each template a little and also allow them to be centered. We'll be building new templates as well. Although this is going to be awhile, as we are in the midst of some major new features/upgrades right now.

Friday, August 13, 2010 at 5:13 PM - Response #2

Is this the same issue that I am having with the wide blank red space to the right on my 'site?'

http://www.classcreator.com/Freeport-TX-Brazosport-1970/class_index.cfm

Still on the back burner at CC I presume - but just curious.

Steve

Edited 08/13/10 5:14 PM
Friday, August 13, 2010 at 5:21 PM - Response #3

Steve: You and I see these large areas of blank space because of the resolution settings of our monitors.

People on a netbook or a 14" laptop wouldn't see that -- or at least so much of that space.

If you subscribe to Google's analytics, one of the reports they offer is the resolution size of your visitors. The site has to fit the screens of the visitors -- or they'll be scrolling left and right a lot.

Here's a link to the analytics report on resolution for my site visitors: CLICK HERE (use back button to return to this thread.)

Friday, August 13, 2010 at 5:34 PM - Response #4

WIDER TEMPLATES are in process of being built. They will be released when the new Link Reordering Module is released later this year.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.