ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Austin High 1966 Admin.

Forums: Class Connection Bugs
Created on: 09/01/15 05:01 PM Views: 865 Replies: 3
Tuesday, September 1, 2015 at 5:01 PM

Greetings,
I loaded 197 photos I took at our reunion and went to the new gallery editor and found it so lacking. Having no ability to lock a font, color, and size into the editor, then move to the next photo within the editor is massively time consuming. Even worse is finding no way to re-edit text after it has been saved. People make mistakes in name spelling and other attributes that need to be corrected. Please let us lock text choices and move to the next photo within the editor, and add a text editor button. Thank you.
Edward Mahony

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 at 4:25 PM - Response #1

Unfortunately, those issues that you point out are limitations of the editor that is provided by aviary.com / Adobe's photo editor product. We do not have programming control over their product other than to plug it into our system. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 at 6:15 PM - Response #2

To add to what Scott said, once you put "text" on an image, it is actually a "graphic" element that is blended with the original image. The only way to be able to track "text" is to keep the image and text layer separated. Once you save, the graphic and 'text' are merged and the text layer is gone.

Full blown local image editors offer the sort of things you are wanting, however, the solution for CC editing is to always keep the original image around somewhere.

Despite the shortcomings you point out, it's still a great tool. There is a way to make editing a tad easier though by adding some flexibility to the "front end" code that invokes the editor. It is a tad awkward/clumsy user page interface just to get to the photos+editor. Looks nice but not so much usable Idea

FYI I use a local image/graphic editor if I need to do a lot of changes and just use the online editor for minor tweaks. That's way faster than using any online tool.

Edward Mahony wrote:

... Even worse is finding no way to re-edit text after it has been saved. People make mistakes in name spelling and other attributes that need to be corrected. Please let us lock text choices and move to the next photo within the editor, and add a text editor button. Thank you.
Edward Mahony

Thursday, September 3, 2015 at 12:58 AM - Response #3

Thanx for that Jack...Ed is one of my admins...and is a pro-photographer and a whip in editing photos...this might be snazzy....but people like to see their names..no flexlible..once it's done it's a pain to fix or should I say you can't fix. The old editor was so easy to fix mistakes....I just wish it was back. We have 197 pics to try to add names too..plus all the others from other events..with only a few admins...we don't have the time to use that crappy program. Not sure how other admins feel about it...to us it stinks...and with other people telling who they are after the fact is hard.

Oh...well..it is what it is! Maybe we can try your semi sortof fix???Rolling Eyes

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.