ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Classmates who became Teachers

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/12/09 10:02 AM Views: 1422 Replies: 4
Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 10:02 AM

With there being 2 profiles active now. I have lots of classmates who have become part of the school system as faculty. My questions are:

When a classmates joins and creates their profile how are they able to join as a teacher?

Do they just use their same email address and plug in a different password just as if they were a spouse of a classmate sharing an email address?

Thanks,
Debbie Dacus Stewart

Edited 02/12/09 10:02 AM
Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 11:03 AM - Response #1

Hi Debbie,

Yes they can have two profiles - one for the year their graduated and one as a teacher. They can use the same email address and a separte password for the two profiles.

Administrators need to add teachers. If you are a multi-year site and have teacher profiles turned on under Edit Site Pages (your site has both turned on) you will see a link called Manage Teachers under your Admin Functions.

Edited 02/12/09 11:12 AM
Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 11:09 AM - Response #2

That's what I thought but just checking before I announced it to the world.

Thanks,
Debbie

Friday, July 24, 2009 at 11:17 AM - Response #3

When classmates become teachers they then get two profiles. Is something you are trying to solve? -I know you are always 2 steps ahead of everyone.

Friday, July 24, 2009 at 1:12 PM - Response #4

It's not something we're looking at at the moment, no. Classmate Profiles belong to a specific year and get listed there. Teacher Profiles belong to the Teachers page and get listed there. Teachers often say one thing to their own Classmates in their Profile, while putting in different info in their teacher account. My concern is combining their Teacher account and their Classmate account actually takes away their flexibility.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.