ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Holiday Theme

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/22/09 06:51 PM Views: 1991 Replies: 16
Friday, May 22, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Check out my Holiday Theme on our Home Page. By acknowledging holidays; it keeps the website interesting.

Friday, May 22, 2009 at 11:16 PM - Response #1

You did a really nice job!! Both players are playing at the same time though.

Friday, May 22, 2009 at 11:27 PM - Response #2

It only plays at the same time if you go all the way to bottom. One can turn jukebox off by hitting the pause button. That takes care of that!

Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 2:10 AM - Response #3

Very nicley done. Superb!

Regarding overlapping music, the vast majority of people are going to hear both songs overlapping without scrolilng at all. You personally may have to scroll to the bottom, but that's being caused by your own computer and/or browser. The vast majority of people are going to hear the music overlapping immediately, without scrolling.

Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 8:26 AM - Response #4

How did you put the music on your page? I was not aware you cold do this. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you. Have a nice Memorial day weekend!

Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 9:03 AM - Response #5

Fixed the jukebox so it doesn't autostart. Will have to go back in after the holidays and change it back. Now we don't double plays that'll annoy the heck of the class! Thanks for the "Heads Up" Brad. Thanks also Ann. I thought by pausing it would do the trick; but I learned something new!

Edited 05/23/09 9:15 AM
Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 9:07 AM - Response #6

Brenna Durkee wrote:

How did you put the music on your page? I was not aware you cold do this. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you. Have a nice Memorial day weekend!

Here is the entire link for that announcement if you want to use it.
You just click on source to paste this link to a NEW ANNOUNCEMENT. The work's done; just copy, paste and enjoy!

It is the VETERAN, not the preacher, who has given us freedom of religion.

It is the VETERAN, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the VETERAN, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the VETERAN, not the campus organizer, who has given us freedom to assemble.

It is the VETERAN, not the lawyer, who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the VETERAN, not the politician, Who has given us the right to vote.

It is the VETERAN who salutes the Flag,

It is the VETERAN who serves under the Flag,

ETERNAL REST GRANT THEM O LORD, AND LET PERPETUAL LIGHT SHINE UPON THEM.

We can be very proud of our young men and women in the service no matter where they serve.

God Bless them all ! ! !

Makes you proud to be an AMERICAN ! ! ! !
Photobucket

;">Regardless of what your plans are this weekend;

we hope it will be a safe and happy one for all of you!

Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 9:12 AM - Response #7

You all did a great job for Memorial Day. Very nice tributes.

Edited 05/25/09 8:05 AM
Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 10:13 AM - Response #8

You have a great theme. I added something to mine also. Everyone seems to love the holiday themes. All of you out there have a safe and great memorial and think of our veterans and troops around the world.

Libann

Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 10:39 AM - Response #9

How do you fix the jukebox not to start automatically.? I took your theme and I appreciate it very much it's awesome. We all need to be reminded of such things. I have the double music issue and don't quite know how to fix.

Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 11:02 AM - Response #10

Faye go back to your playlist and when you were getting your code to embed there was an option to autostart. You have to click or unclick the autostart option what ever you want it to do.

Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 12:52 PM - Response #11

Ann,
I remember that part but I can't seem to get to it again on playlist. maybe if i just take it out and put it in again it would work? Thanks for the tip, I'll try again.
Faye

Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 3:58 PM - Response #12

You'll have to fix your regular jukebox; not the Memorial Day one unless you want to create your own Memorial Day jukebox. Just go to your regular jukebox and hit the Pause button.

Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 9:21 PM - Response #13

Jeanne Ellenwood wrote:

Check out my Holiday Theme on our Home Page. By acknowledging holidays; it keeps the website interesting.

Very, very cool. Nice job Jeanne.. Too late for us to do a slideshow, but may put some of the music on...thanks!!!!! Bonita

Sunday, May 24, 2009 at 1:50 AM - Response #14

Thank you!!! Although I didn't use your specific slideshow, I did use yours as a guide to help this almost completely computer illiterate admin create one of our own. I had a small note and a couple of clip art pics up, but this is much more moving. Thanks again for sharing.

J

Sunday, May 24, 2009 at 8:09 AM - Response #15

Jeanne I used you slide show on my site too. Could you cut and paste the code and put it in the How to keep interest in your site that is stickied at the top of General Questions? Then it will be available for future use. It can be also be used on Veterans pages. Thanks Great Job! I would do it but you should get credit for it.

Edited 05/24/09 8:12 AM
Sunday, May 24, 2009 at 12:27 PM - Response #16

Jeanne, thanks so much for your hard work. I used your slide show and sent an email to the class telling them we had a special tribute.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.