ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Class site chat rooms

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 10/10/13 05:20 PM Views: 1067 Replies: 6
Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Just curious how people feel about this:
It has been said that in order for people to use a class chat room, they must be given a reason to do so. Another point of view is that chat rooms on Class Creator are available for classmates to casually get together in just as friends to catch up and chit chat, etc...
Must it be one or the other? Can it be both?

Thoughts?

Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 9:57 PM - Response #1

I see "casually get together .. as friends" the same as "a reason to do so". IOW getting together is a reason.

Is there another way you can phrase this to understand ?

Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 10:16 PM - Response #2

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

I see "casually get together .. as friends" the same as "a reason to do so". IOW getting together is a reason.

Is there another way you can phrase this to understand ?

This is not meant to be a linguistics lesson. Simply asking if you fall under the need for a purpose or just to agree to gather online in the room without a purpose or agenda and for thoughts.

Edited 10/10/13 10:24 PM
Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 10:41 PM - Response #3

Maybe somebody else can see a differenceCool

Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 11:21 PM - Response #4

Some people are now saying we have to give site members a reason to want to use a chat room. Isn't just giving them the option to be able to meet and discuss things for fun, without any other intention besides just to meet online, acceptable anymore?

Edited 10/10/13 11:24 PM
Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 9:39 AM - Response #5

I don't see why it can't be both. Like any other tool, Chat can be used in different ways for different reasons.

If someone sees that you're also on line and wants to chat, fine. That's what chat is for.

If you want to schedule a chat to discuss a particular subject - or just schedule a chat with no planned subject every Saturday morning, that's also what chat is for.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.