ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Change picture on Home Page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/12/09 06:50 AM Views: 1500 Replies: 7
Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 6:50 AM

I have tried to change the picture I originally uploaded to my Home Page of my school but to no avail. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks Allison

Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 10:53 AM - Response #1

Hi Allison,

If you are referring to the School photo in the upper right corner that image is in your Admin Functions under Edit School/Logo. If you have a new image of the school you wish to add you can upload a new photo there. If your original image was too small you might need to try uploading a larger image of the school.

Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 11:14 AM - Response #2

Thanks for your help. Allison

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 7:20 PM - Response #3

I've also tried to upload an image for the school logo and it won't upload- just blinks and that's it

Edited 02/18/09 7:20 PM
Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 7:58 PM - Response #4

Hi Joan,

Can you tell me exactly what is blinking? It is possible your image is too large. If it is you can resize it down to 300 pixels before you upload it. If you need a free image editor you can use Irfanview

Thursday, February 19, 2009 at 9:29 AM - Response #5

Hi Allison - this happened to me also. Using the "Edit School/Logos" I tried to change the "school photo" I originally uploaded. After several tries the photo still wouldn't change. So I changed the "design" (Change Design). Viola, the new design picked up the new photo. Then I reverted back to my original design with the new photo in place.

Thursday, February 19, 2009 at 11:47 AM - Response #6

That would be caused by browser caching. If you ever need to do this again, try clicking the reload button on your browser. Or clearing our browse cache and then reloading. The photo was there the entire time, you were just seeing the previously loaded version of the page because it was cached on your hard drive.

Thursday, February 19, 2009 at 11:58 AM - Response #7

Makes sense thanks Brad.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.