ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Non Class Web Site

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/06/15 04:38 PM Views: 857 Replies: 3
Friday, March 6, 2015 at 4:38 PM

I'm thinking of making a non class web site for a 50th anniversary. Can I use "forum" or "What's New" for people to leave comments/share stories? I was hoping they would not have to sign in and have a password. What are my options.

Thanks, Bev

Friday, March 6, 2015 at 7:03 PM - Response #1

So, I need to have them sign on and use a password in order for them to make comments in a Forum used as a "guest book". Should I have them make profiles in order to add a picture or video? Just trying to figure out how to make it work.

Thanks for any help.

Saturday, March 7, 2015 at 7:24 AM - Response #2

Here is some good information about building non class web sites on Class Creator: http://forums.classcreator.com/messages....25F-3CB85A143E72B3F7

Yes people would need to create an account before they could post anything. Alternatively you could locate a third party guest book plugin and embed it on your site using source code view. This would allow anyone to sign the guest book. Issues with doing that can be spam, lack of control over who signs, lack of photo. But, that may not be a dealbreaker. Many third party plugins have worked fine for people.

Saturday, March 7, 2015 at 11:21 AM - Response #3

Thanks for the suggestions.

Bev

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.