ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

No formatting on Missing Classmate Invitation:

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/15/19 04:36 PM Views: 343 Replies: 4
Friday, November 15, 2019 at 4:36 PM

In the Preferences tab, Admins are able to customize the letter that goes out when anyone uses the "Missing Classmate Invitation:"

So, although our custom letter has paragraph breaks to make the letter easier to read (and all those breaks do show in the Admins editable dialog box where we customized the letter)... Somehow, all the formatting is missing when a classmate tries to use it.

The actual letter looks almost like a giant run on sentence. Do we have to use HTML tricks to get our paragraph breaks?

Thanks for any help

Friday, November 15, 2019 at 5:17 PM - Response #1

I will check into it.

Friday, November 15, 2019 at 11:21 PM - Response #2

I checked into this further and I see what is happening. The missing classmates note has typically been a very short message users send to each other to let them know the site is there. It wasn't intended to be a longer document. The way we have that page set up it uses certain email programs and generates a mailto link that opens in their email program and they can just click send

I don't think this process will work for the length of letter have created. You might want to instead use a custom page with the letter you propose on it and direct users to that page instead so they can copy the contents of that page or a link to that page specifically rather than just a link to the site. That would get them to your letter when they click the link rather than sending the letter directly allowing you full control over the way the content is presented when they click the link.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Saturday, November 16, 2019 at 1:06 AM - Response #3

Nah, there's a BUG there. It is removing a ' from there's and making it theres. That indicates incorrect parsing. It appears to remove ALL ' in the messages. Try it. Also missing ' in '61 sends only 61.

IOW it's also removing proper html spacing as it formats the "message".

Our message is pretty short. Needs to send ASIS - with maybe a tiny bit of screening for certain things. I selected GMAIL.

Edited 11/16/19 1:07 AM
Saturday, November 16, 2019 at 11:35 AM - Response #4

I have to agree with Jack on this, Jessica.

Although I appreciate your suggestion of a workaround, this isn't the quality of programming inherent in so much of the rest of the website from Class Creator.

I can't believe it would be that hard for the programming team to make right. 15 minutes work, maybe?

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.